Accurate weapons, again

By crusher bob, in Only War House Rules

I like the rules you have come up with here Crusher Bob, it feels like it will make the game more lethal.

Right now I feel like my players can run around and do whatever they like without ever being close to getting killed...

I would also like to do something to the wounds-system. Like add the following rules:

When you take damage you need to write down how much damage you take in the different parts of the body and if you then do a Medicae you need to specify which part of the body your doing it in. Right now we have one guard with 50int and he just do a FIrst Aid on everyone after a big fight and everyone has full HP again. It doesn't feel like they care about getting damaged :P

... Your medic shouldn't be able to use that first aid if your enemies plan their attacks right. Just because the medic is awesome doesn't mean that he is worth anything at all when your squad is suppressed and simultaneously being flanked with grenades or flame units.

Or a sniper with the aforementioned talents decide to make your medic's head a target.

I guess it just seems unnecessarily complicated. Instead of putting players in charge of book keeping, which I find is a pain, just hit them harder and smarter.

That's the problem when they meet orks, I am not really sure how to handle the orks. It always feels like they are really really bad on everything :P So keeping them in range they will die since they cannot hit anything and trying to get them into melee is almost impossible :P

The problem with orks is if you want to roleplay them it's not like they are the quiet sneaky race, no, they go around bashing each other and make lots of noise. So my players discover them loooong before the orks realize something is close by. That means that the players can setup and ambush and thus wiping out my orks before they get the chance to do anything :P

But I think I will try to add lots of gretchings when using the orks so the player have something to throw bullets at while my orks hopefully survive for at least some rounds :P

And i mean that the medic just uses his first aid after the fight, when everything is dead.

A lot of people forget that Orks are designed to go through Critical Damage just as players do, and have the True Grit talent. Otherwise, they are just big, dumb, guardsmen with a few more wounds and a lot less BS.

If Orks suffer from Critical Damage, that squad of Nobs becomes a whole lot scarier...

Yeah, though if you just follow the books and take the amount of enemies they suggest i realized that in many cases that are a bit too few. I realized yesterday that I've been following that during our Final Testament but my players characters was not freshly created when we started the final testament, they had already gone through some stuff and had a lot of XP.

And adding lots of smaller enemies, like gretchins, are a good counter if you have a character with an accurate weapon, he can do tons of dmg to one enemy, but when 30 comes rushing towards him he can't just lay there and kill one by one :)

So I think that's how I will handle the accurate weapons the group have.