Lansing, Michigan Regular X-Wing Gathering

By NorseJedi, in X-Wing Organized Play

I went to the store championship at odyssey instead of playing Friday. Maybe this week but it's a little early to tell.

Glad you were able to still meet on Fri. I had to skip for the Odyssey store championship in Kalamazoo too. But, there were a few other Lansing area folks there that I hadn't met before, so hopefully they join this thread. :-)

Evolution finally announced their store championship.

Sunday, March 15th 11:00 am

$10

I talked to Larry at Evolution and he said he plans to have one of each new scum ship plus a tantive for prize support.

Evolution finally announced their store championship.

Sunday, March 15th 11:00 am

$10

I talked to Larry at Evolution and he said he plans to have one of each new scum ship plus a tantive for prize support.

I'll be there with my friends Soontir, Turr and Carnor. We've almost completed a new retrofit to our ships, thanks to some bounty hunter friends of ours...

Anyone planning on going to AFK tonight?

Not playing X-wing, but if anyone in the Lansing area is interested, we are playing some ACW at Evo, Saturday night around 7:00 PM. All are welcome!

anybody up for x-wing tomorrow? ill be available anytime after 3:30. let me know.

Not sure about tomorrow yet, but there is a tournament Saturday at Evolution. $10 and registration at noon. I'm out of town tomorrow, but if I get back in time for a later game I'll let you know. My usual free Friday nights have run into a string of tough timing lately. :-(

Excellent tourney at Evolution in Lansing yesterday. Prizes were really impressive and lots of great players! We pulled in pilots from Grand Rapids, Frankenmuth, and Erie in addition to the locals. Thanks for making the trip over.

Yes, thanks Evolution for an awesome tourney!

"Evolution Games in Michigan

12 players

1st Place

Eric B.

Turr Phennir + VI + Autothrusters

Academy Pilot x 6

100pts

2nd Place

Phillip H.

(Scum)

Boba + Vi + K4 Security Droid + Engine Upgrade

Xizor + PTL + Adv Sensors + Autothrusters + Virago

Black Sun Soldier

Top 4:

Lou (sorry name speling) (Lost to 1st Place)

Blue Squadron Pilot x 4

Bandit Squadron Pilot

Top 4:

(Dang it, I can't remember his name...) (Lost to 2nd Place)

Corran + Marksmanship + Experimental Interface + FCS + R2D2

Biggs + Shield

Bandit Squadron Pilot x 2

Good fun. Pretty even mix of factions, though I am fairly 100% certain no turrets were flown. Impressive? Quite!"

Above is a copy of the final standings. I pulled the quote from PhilD0 in the store championship string (apologies for not figuring out how to link). I think we had 14 total as the final count. I too was shocked to see so few turrets - a few Y wings, but I don't recall any decimators or YTs. A complete change in meta from the four prior store championships I've been to.

Edited by NorseJedi

For completeness, here were the top 4 AFK standings copied from Khyros. I pulled 5th in this one. Not going to mention how poorly Evolution went for me though LOL. :-)

"AFK Games, Holt, MI

February 7th, 2015

14 in attendance

Winner - Khyros, 2nd in Swiss

Corran w/ VI, FCS, R2D2, EU

Tycho w/ ATP, PTL, DD, EI, Prockets

Prototype w/ CR

Runner up - Phild0, 1st in Swiss

Chinareau w/ Expose, Jerjerrod, Vader, RC, EI

Whisper w/ VI FCS ACD

Top 4 - Eric B. 3rd in Swiss

Luke Skywalker w/ VI, R3A2

Chewy w/ Predator, C3PO, R2D2, MF, EU

Bandit

Top 4 - Jeff B. 4th in Swiss

Ten Numb w/ AdvS, VI, Autoblaster

Chewy w/ LW, C3P0, R2D2, MF, EU"

Is anyone going to be at AFK tonight, looking to get some games in.

Evolution Games in Lansing announced their spring tournament today. It will be on Memorial Day, Monday May 25th. Starting time is yet to be determined. Hope to see you all there, the last tournament had some great prizes.

if anybody wants to get together and play some before this tourney let me know. im avalible most time during the week after 4 and most weekends. my job is not a normal work the same everyday job so just let me know if you have time.

Like leagues? Then you'll like this post :-) Great news fellow gamers! Fri nights turned out not to be so hot for regular timing, but we are now starting up a Thursday league at Hollow Mountain games! Tomorrow night at 6 PM we roll dice!

Looking to play every Thursday at 6 and the owners are even discussing prizes potentially if there is enough turnout. We may have six+ show up tomorrow based on conversations.

Hollow Mountain is right by MSU on Grand River, just down a few steps from Five Guys:

611 E Grand River Ave #200, East Lansing, MI 48823

Wow, great opening night of league play at Hollow Mountain. We had 6 show and everyone got an alternate art Push the Limit card! Plus there was a dice bag door prize and a discount on all X-Wing merchandise for players! I think they have room for eight, maybe ten if another table is in storage. Glad to see this off to a strong start.

Like leagues? Then you'll like this post :-) Great news fellow gamers! Fri nights turned out not to be so hot for regular timing, but we are now starting up a Thursday league at Hollow Mountain games! Tomorrow night at 6 PM we roll dice!

Looking to play every Thursday at 6 and the owners are even discussing prizes potentially if there is enough turnout. We may have six+ show up tomorrow based on conversations.

Hollow Mountain is right by MSU on Grand River, just down a few steps from Five Guys:

611 E Grand River Ave #200, East Lansing, MI 48823

So how does this League" work? Weekly tournament? Scenarios? Casual games? Epic? Multi-player? What is the structure/purpose/future of this league. I am interested.

I'll be at league tomorrow.

The format is super casual 100 point dog fight.

Edited by skins1924

I'll be a league tomorrow.

The format is super casual 100 point dog fight.

Edited by NorseJedi

I have not heard much about spring tournaments other than Evolution on May 25th. Does anyone else know of spring tournaments within about a 2 hour drive of Lansing (e.g. Detroit area, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, even Toledo)? If so, please post them here. Thanks x-wingers!

A few of us are going to Evo tonight around 8:00.

Another four showed for some good dogfighting at Hollow Mountain. We had a short game and a marathon that went to time. Congrats Alex and Eric on the wins tonight!

I should be able to make it next week.

hey im still here just thing picking up for work. its the busy time of year.