Device to transfer ability or create ability

By Thimras, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Hi everyone,

I'm somewhat new to GMing in Anima and I'm looking for a device (not sure if it deserves the name "artifact") in a Warehouse 13-esque adventure. I want my players to examine an event tat wasn't caused by the person they're investigating but by someone else projecting their ideas/hopes/dreams/love etc onto them. I'm not so worried about how to realise the ability itself, it'll be either ki or magic, but I want to make the transfer invisible, so that there is no immediate matrix or obvious supernatural thread that'll end the investigation prematurely.

(Unfortunately, I don't have the Prometheus Exxet (yet), so I can't look up resources there)

Any ideas how to go about this? Could I maybe just imbue the device with ki concealment?

Thank you kindly!

Thim

I'm not sure if i am allowed to link things here in the forums, but if you want to read the promethium exxet here is place where you can read it free, they have the whole book available for viewing.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/207022412/Anima-Beyond-Fantasy-Prometheum-Exxet

also, you could try and make it undetectable except by a notice of impossible (440). but it might be easier to pull the Ol “its plot”. meaning you can just say that the device is undetectable. as a GM you can say and do anything as long as its not game breaking, for example one of the special effects of this artifact is that it doesnt emit a signature of any kind making it undetectable. just an idea.

hope this helps. as GM you do have the power to change anything for plot reasons (like why that persuasion check didnt work on the bad guy, plot!)

Edited by Dalerik

Hi Dal,

thanks for the link! I'll have a look :)

As for the GMing, I'm trying to not rely on my deus-ex-machina powers too much as it feels unorganic (to me), for one, I hate just preventing players from doing something by some categorical "no", for another, I want to leave it open to possibility, just make it low - in this case, the player with "see supernatural" shouldn't just walk into the room and go "Oh, yeah, it's the butler, with the candlestick, in the library", but a lucky player with an open roll could catch on to what's happening.

If my plot can't deal with the players' abilities, my plot is bad, not the players :)