Greetings!

By Cynthia, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Hi,

Welcome to the official forum for the Star Wars ®: Force and Destiny™ RPG! This space is yours to use for all sorts of discussion. Share the characters your create! Lament terrible dice roles! Recount your adventures!

As you do so, please use language appropriate for all audiences, refrain from hostility, and, above all, be respectful of others.

May the Force be with you!

yay!

Thank you so much for the info! :D

Is it Quarter 3 of 2015 yet?

Aside from wanting winter to be done and over with (live in the northeast and am way past sick of all this snow), I'm really looking forward to this book and the GM Kit.

So July Aug Sept timeframe right?

So July Aug Sept timeframe right?

Yep. Though hopefully leaning closer to the July end of the spectrum than the September side of things.

Edited by Donovan Morningfire

They seem to get them out in July which also allows them to get them at gencon. Which we will likely get the first adventure at gen con as well. And likely books for age and edge...

Grumble grumble Gen Con.

My question is: What's after Force and Destiny?

Probably supplements for the three product lines.

After all, there's still two more careers to be covered for EotE, four more for AoR, and all six for FaD, to say nothing of location/theme supplements and adventure modules.

You know what would be awesome after F&D? A universal core rule book - no fluff, no color, all mechanics, all in one easy to carry tome.

"Rich and Happy" the Core book for happy oblivious citizens living in the Core Worlds.

I'm just wondering after 3 years of BETA releases at Gen Con, what "special surprises" will they come up with for this and future years.

I'm just wondering after 3 years of BETA releases at Gen Con, what "special surprises" will they come up with for this and future years.

Not every company does "special surprises" at GenCon every year.

Also remember that FFG has multiple product lines for Star Wars, and aren't just limited to RPGs. This year's GenCon could have something big for X-Wing, Imperial Assault, Armada, or the Living Card Game. Or some other IP might get the big push since all three proposed SW core rulebooks will be released.

Oh Dono...a man can wish can't he?

I would like to see at least one other "Core" game line.

Whether it be sequel or prequel or legends, a different Star Wars focal point would be groovy.

I wouldn't be surprised is some sort of line of "era" source-books, especially with the new film coming out.

Do remember, the rules as is would port totally to any other era. Really the only consideration is the equipment and events. KotOR is still going to have the relevant careers that a film period game is going to have, it's just some of the equipment is different (and even then, mostly totally comparable), and the events that surround it that change.

I don't use to see problem to easy adapt material to other eras. Remeber that every stat is always the point of view of the developers (generally), so, no need to change anything, just say that the X-Wing is the Old Republic fighter and the TIE is the Sith Interceptor (for example).

With the rest the same. Of course, more books are always welcome, but adaptations are pretty easy.

You know what would be awesome after F&D? A universal core rule book - no fluff, no color, all mechanics, all in one easy to carry tome.

What about a PDF of the same? :ph34r:

What about a PDF of the same? :ph34r:

I would expect that would happen once FFG can adjust or renegotiate their license to include electronic media. Until then not.

Q3 would fall between july-sept. can't wait for this book but i don't want to rush the cold months again-lol

I guess hoping for a May the 4th be with you release would be asking too much….

I guess hoping for a May the 4th be with you release would be asking too much….

The closest we might get for a May the 4th release would probably be the Beginner's Box set.

Edit: Just checked the upcoming products page, and the Beginner Box is listed as "At the Printer's" (last update 03/22/15) while the FaD Core Rulebook is listed as "In Development" (last update on the same day). So unless there's been a not-yet-posted update on the Beginner Box or the "On The Boat" shipping time is incredibly quick, it's not looking very likely that we'll have either product by May the 4th.

Edit 2: And as of April 2nd, the book is now "On the Boat." So it seems there was a "not yet posted" update on the Beginner Box after all :D

Edited by Donovan Morningfire

hello there. I think the character sheet looks cool looking.

What this company has enriched my personal life. Thank you all!

-Samwise Lovecraft