First Planet Podcast: A Podcast for WH40K: Conquest!

By Saej, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Hey!

Just wanted to let everyone know on this forum that I am one of the hosts of a podcast for this awesome game! First Planet Podcast can be found on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/FirstPlanetPodcast , on iTunes (just search our name), and also on PodBean at firstplanet.podbean.com .

We are on episode seven so far and have just released our second batch of spoilers thanks to FFG! Check them out on our Facebook page and give us a 'like' to get occasional updates from us (we won't spam you, promise).

Lastly, let us know how we are doing or discuss topics we talked about in the show right here! We are also on CardGameDB, in the forums.

See you out there!

KNLat0S.png

Edited by Saej

I do not normally listen to pod casts, but I listened to this latest episode as I'm training for a marathon and have been doing tons of jogging. Normally I listen to audiobooks.. but thought I would give this a go.

Anyway, you asked for comments so here I go!

Really liked the deck tech at the end. No surprise that plague chaos is kicking ass all over the shop. More deck tech, less card evaluation more personal game reports. That stuff is fun.

I do not know which host is who.. but to the guy that said minimum deck counts isn't a hard rule. You're so ******* wrong it is just insanity. Seriously. Keep to the minimum deck counts. What the other guy said is 100% correct. It is a pure math thing there is NO argument that is valid for having more then the minimum. There is the argument that though the increased draw in this game with commands and 2 a turn and all that stuff that you burn though a deck fast enough to mitigate increased deck size.. but that argument is trash. One of the biggest % draw increases is in your opening hand. Trying to get those early cards needed and even with increased draw you are decreasing the chance to draw key cards at any given point. Be ruthless in your deck building.. cut and cull till you are at the min-deck limit. Make a scratch pad of all the cards you wanted to put in and then deck tech it (play a bunch of games swapping around your scratch pad into and out of the deck) to see what works. This game is random enough with its ubr 1 slot supports with out deck tech'n to make it more random, I mean it is bad enough the game is tanked on a lucky trun 1 den! hehe. But seriously, there is no grey area here, stick to minimums.

Also to the other guy... (you do not get off easy) you talked about that spoiled DE event. Just like to point out you fell into the "trap" of considering it a pure damage card. It is in reality a discard. No one is going to take 3 or possibly 6 damage in the face if they can discard. We chatted about it recently and people mentioned the choke deck, and they can be in a position with out cards to discard.. but the point of the choke deck IS to force discard, so chances are you are going to be running this... for the discard. I mean you could wait it out for the dmg turn and hope you choke them that hard, or cast this and actually choke them like every time. So yes the card damage is strong, the "real" effect is discard.. not damage.

All in all I enjoyed your cast guys.. keep it up. Though stop apologising everythime you rate a card or a deck or w/e. Yeah we get it, these are your own opinions and 1st glances etc etc. Just cause you are saying you would change a card in a deck doesn't mean you are saying you are a god of cards and the deck builder is a fool. blah blah blah

222.jpg

I do not normally listen to pod casts, but I listened to this latest episode as I'm training for a marathon and have been doing tons of jogging. Normally I listen to audiobooks.. but thought I would give this a go.

Anyway, you asked for comments so here I go!

Really liked the deck tech at the end. No surprise that plague chaos is kicking ass all over the shop. More deck tech, less card evaluation more personal game reports. That stuff is fun.

I do not know which host is who.. but to the guy that said minimum deck counts isn't a hard rule. You're so ******* wrong it is just insanity. Seriously. Keep to the minimum deck counts. What the other guy said is 100% correct. It is a pure math thing there is NO argument that is valid for having more then the minimum. There is the argument that though the increased draw in this game with commands and 2 a turn and all that stuff that you burn though a deck fast enough to mitigate increased deck size.. but that argument is trash. One of the biggest % draw increases is in your opening hand. Trying to get those early cards needed and even with increased draw you are decreasing the chance to draw key cards at any given point. Be ruthless in your deck building.. cut and cull till you are at the min-deck limit. Make a scratch pad of all the cards you wanted to put in and then deck tech it (play a bunch of games swapping around your scratch pad into and out of the deck) to see what works. This game is random enough with its ubr 1 slot supports with out deck tech'n to make it more random, I mean it is bad enough the game is tanked on a lucky trun 1 den! hehe. But seriously, there is no grey area here, stick to minimums.

Also to the other guy... (you do not get off easy) you talked about that spoiled DE event. Just like to point out you fell into the "trap" of considering it a pure damage card. It is in reality a discard. No one is going to take 3 or possibly 6 damage in the face if they can discard. We chatted about it recently and people mentioned the choke deck, and they can be in a position with out cards to discard.. but the point of the choke deck IS to force discard, so chances are you are going to be running this... for the discard. I mean you could wait it out for the dmg turn and hope you choke them that hard, or cast this and actually choke them like every time. So yes the card damage is strong, the "real" effect is discard.. not damage.

All in all I enjoyed your cast guys.. keep it up. Though stop apologising everythime you rate a card or a deck or w/e. Yeah we get it, these are your own opinions and 1st glances etc etc. Just cause you are saying you would change a card in a deck doesn't mean you are saying you are a god of cards and the deck builder is a fool. blah blah blah

222.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. To start, I'm sorry I apologize so much. :P

I want to be clear, I in no way support having more than 50 cards. I was playing devils advocate because there are many out there that make similar arguments. I have never, nor do I ever foresee playing a deck that is above minimum in this game. That said, we wanted to have a conversation rather than just spout the rule. It makes things more interesting if you consider other sides of an argument rather than just declaring your own as right.

Our new episode has much more to do with deck construction and figuring out what should work as a rule of thumb when building. Hope it's more to your liking.

I like a podcast or two. Just bought into the game and started listening to Ep1 today.

This is a great podcast. The banter is casual and not forced. The guys genuinely do a nice job analyzing without over analyzing and I love that they take the time to listen to each other. Too many podcasters just compete for the mic or the banter takes over the show with inside jokes. There's a nice balance of table talk and game talk here with nice analysis.

Keep it up!

Episode 9 is up! Links on the first post. Let us know what you think!

Quick note: When we are discussing the new Tau Broadside unit, I say that Ambush Platform can't sneak in Gun Drones. Then later on I say it can.

End of story: Gun Drones can be put into play with Ambush Platform.

And here is our list of 'play arounds.' We didn't discuss the loyalty aspects of the cards, so there is another topic to discuss. The cards you need to play around once you know your opponent's ally faction. Let us know what you think! The * denote s the card is on the table before its effect is triggered, thus you can 'plan' for it.

SM

Crushing Blow
Drop Pod Assault (Loyal)
Eager Recruit
Exterminatus
Indomitable
*Veteran Brother Maxos (Loyal)

Guard

*Captain Markis (Loyal)
*Catachan Outpost
Elysian Assault Team
*Inquisitorial Fortress (Loyal)
Noble Deed
Preemptive Barrage (Loyal)
Suppressive Fire
*Staging Ground

Orks

Battle Cry (Loyal)
Dakka Dakka Dakka (Loyal)
*Kustom Field Generator
Smash ‘n Bash
Snotling Attack
Squig Bombin
*Tellyporta Pad?

Chaos

Dire Mutation
Nurgling Bomb
Tzeentch’s Firestorm (Loyal)
Warpstorm
Doombolt

DE

*Archon’s Palace (Loyal)
Archon’s Terror
Klaivex Warleader (Loyal)
Raid (Loyal)
*Twisted Laboratory (Loyal)
Visions of Agony

Eldar

Doom
Empower (Loyal)
Foretell
Gift of Isha (Loyal)
Nullify
Superiority

Tau

*Ambush Platform
Aun’ui Prelate (Loyal)
Deception (Loyal)
Gun Drones (Loyal) with Ambush Platform
Kauyon Strike (Loyal)
Heavy Marker Drone (Loyal) with Ambush Platform
Tense Negotiations

Neutral

No Mercy
Promotion

Just finished the most resent cast. I hope you publish your AM deck, I want to try it myself (But should have a new Warlord next week) I enjoy your Traxis report and the discussion of top and bottom. I don't do Facebook so does the cast have any other online presence?

Keep the casts coming and we'll keep listening.

Yep looking forward to the next cast aswell!

Just finished the most resent cast. I hope you publish your AM deck, I want to try it myself (But should have a new Warlord next week) I enjoy your Traxis report and the discussion of top and bottom. I don't do Facebook so does the cast have any other online presence?

Keep the casts coming and we'll keep listening.

Hey!

We are on PodBean and iTunes, as well as on Facebook.

So, my deck. I've changed it a bit since the cast, but this is it.

Total Cards: (50)

Warlord:

1x Colonel Straken

Army Unit: (35)

4x Straken’s Command Squad

2x Cadian Mortar Squad

3x Elysian Assault Team

3x Goff Boyz

3x Iron Guard Recruits

3x Mystic Warden

2x Penal Legionnaire

3x Ratling Deadeye

3x Sanctioned Psyker

3x Shoota Mob

3x Stalwart Ogryn

3x Tallarn Raiders

Attachment: (1)

1x Straken’s Cunning

Event: (5)

2x Glorious Intervention

3x Preemptive Barrage

Support: (9)

1x Omega Zero Command

2x Ammo Depot

3x Catachan Outpost

3x Staging Ground

I think Coteaz fits this a bit better, so try just swapping him out for Straken. Also, one other change I've been toying with is replacing the 2x Cadian Mortar Squad with 2x Steel Legion Chimera.

I've also been trying to figure out how to fit in one or two Mordian Hellhounds, as AE is a thing and helps with token decks a lot.

Let me know how it works out!

Oh, sorry! Our PodBean address is http://firstplanet.podbean.com/ . And on iTunes, just search "First Planet Podcast" and you'll find us.

Thanks for listening!

Episode 11 is up! Take a listen and start working on our contest!

Cool cool cool, will do so tonight!

Also let us know if you guys recieve any spoilers for the next pack!

Cool cool cool, will do so tonight!

Also let us know if you guys recieve any spoilers for the next pack!

That is the contest. Get on it.

I wish I could watch your podcast but I'm on a Hotspot for internet. That would make my data plan go waay up! I moved recently and now use this useful but yet lacking Hotspot.

Edited by Silverhelm

Silverhelm, it is an audio podcast, I believe it is about 50-75 MB. Don't quote me on that!

2R69Eri.png

I wish I could watch your podcast but I'm on a Hotspot for internet. That would make my data plan go waay up! I moved recently and now use this useful but yet lacking Hotspot.

Swing by someplace with free wifi and download them all. then you can binge the casts whenever you want with no internet. If you have iTunes you can add the podcast to your library once and listen whenever you want.

Only picked up the 'cast recently, up to Ep 5 thus far but it's proving easy to catch up. Really enjoying it as a new player to Conquest. I am looking forward to the promised "longer" episode when we get the first big box drop. Keep it up fellas.

Swing by someplace with free wifi and download them all. then you can binge the casts whenever you want with no internet. If you have iTunes you can add the podcast to your library once and listen whenever you want.

Good idea

Only picked up the 'cast recently, up to Ep 5 thus far but it's proving easy to catch up. Really enjoying it as a new player to Conquest. I am looking forward to the promised "longer" episode when we get the first big box drop. Keep it up fellas.

We have some monster episodes later on, enjoy! And I am really excited to crack open the 'Nids box!

Scv9Enr.jpg

Yaay nice, new hunt.

My guess is Cost 6, 3 Command, 5/5, Ranged. Name would be Basilisk something ;)

Yaay nice, new hunt.

My guess is Cost 6, 3 Command, 5/5, Ranged. Name would be Basilisk something ;)

Haha, close!

j7mqA4t.png

Shrieking Killax

Cost: 0

Command: 1

Reaction: He doesn't really like this card :<

Edited by Killax

I play Sisters with a IG splash on the tabletop so:

I LOVE THIS CARD!!!!!

Episode 12 is out! Joined by community magnate (and Friend of the Show), Sam Mann, Scott and Brian discuss the OCTGN league structures, reveal the spoilers promised in episode 11, an update to the Traxis report, and wrapping with some discussion around the reason it is important to re-visit old cards.

Enjoy! We are on http://www.facebook.com/FirstPlanetPodcast/ , http://firstplanet.podbean.com , and on iTunes!

Oh, and here are the two cards that we spoiled.

j7mqA4t.png wPkMq7s.png