Your Guide to Playing X-Wing in Colorado

By jjohnson111, in X-Wing Organized Play

EDIT: 5/7/16

As of this date, I am no longer updating this thread. This information may still be current, but you are fair warned to double check it elsewhere. If someone would like to make their own, you are welcome to copy/paste the information I have provided, and if you link the new info, I will make sure it is placed within this post.

Thanks all! Happy X-Wing-ing.

I have compiled most of the information for the Colorado scene now into one thread, instead of me keeping track of multiples. Here, I will update info as it comes across my way for those of you looking to roll some dice in Colorado.

Let me know if I can fix/change anything listed below:

Basic Information:

Facebook Group

Threads where we discuss events going on in the area (FFG Threads):

General Info
Wizard's Chest Casual Play

Game Nights:

Mondays:

(Highlands Ranch) - Enchanted Grounds, 6pm-10 ( weekly )
(Arvada) - Adventure's Quarter, 5pm-9 ( weekly )
(Broomfield) - Total Escape Games, 6:30pm-9:30pm ( weekly )

• You can likely find a game at Total Escape Games any day of the week, as most players in the CO region are looking for pick-up games frequently. If you are looking, please jump into the FB group and check out the situation for the day you want to play!

(Fort Collins) - Haunted Game Cafe, 7pm-10 ( weekly )

Tuesdays:

(Longmont) - Atomic Goblin Games, 6pm ( weekly )
(Parker) - CollectorMania, 6pm ( weekly )

(Fort Collins) - Gryphon Games, 6pm - 11pm (weekly) - Note: They do play ALL FFG SW games on Tuesday nights (X-Wing, Armada, Assault, LCG)

Wednesdays:

(Denver) - The Wizard's Chest, 6:00pm-10 ( weekly )

(Colorado Springs) - Gamer's Haven, 6:00pm (weekly)

Thursdays:

(Littleton) - Enchanted Grounds (2nd [NEW] location) ( weekly) 6pm.

• Address: 3615 West Bowles Avenue. Suite 5. Littleton, CO 80123

(Loveland) - The Rogue's Roost, 6pm

Fridays:

(none, unless you know of something that should be here!)

Saturdays:

(Colorado Springs) - Petrie's Family Games, 11am-2 ( 1st/3rd Saturdays monthly )

(Pueblo) - Chaos, Games and More - Star Wars Saturdays, 4-9 PM. Check out their Facebook page for info.
(Grand Junction) - Jester's Court, 4pm

Sundays:

(none, unless you know of something that should be here!)

Calendar Links:

Adventure's Quarter
Total Escape Games
The Wizard's Chest
Enchanted Grounds
The Rogue's Roost
CollectorMania
Haunted Game Cafe
Atomic Goblin Games
Petrie's Family Games
The Jester's Court

Chaos, Games and More (Facebook, but they post their weekly events there)

Gyphon Games (locations in both Fort Collins and Cheyenne, events above ONLY reflect FoCo)

Typical Yearly Reoccurring Events:

Genghis Con, Tacticon - both hosted by Denver Gamers Association - Thurs-Sun Gaming: X-Wing Miniatures featured typically every day in different formats

Genghis Con - typically President's Day Weekend

Tacticon - typically Labor Day Weekend

Colorado X-Wing Podcast:

"Back to Dials" has hit the airwaves. Check them out here for current episodes and info on where you can subscribe!

http://backtodials.com/

Edited by jjohnson111

Community Events:

X-Wing Regionals

Saturday, 14 May - Star Wars: X-Wing
8:00 AM Check-in - 9:00 AM Round 1 @ Nighthawk Brewery Events Center 2780 Industrial Ln, Broomfield, CO 80020

Edited by jjohnson111

Can you add Saturday, 4pm, Jester's Court, Grand Junction? We have a small group over on this side of the mountains.

Can you add Saturday, 4pm, Jester's Court, Grand Junction? We have a small group over on this side of the mountains.

Done! Added the calendar link too for the listing. Are there any more stores out there that I should check into/that you know of? I'd love to add them to the list.

Gives me more good reasons to come out there and mountain bike in the spring/summer! :)

-Jon

Jester's is the only game store between Denver and Utah that I know of. But come on out! We'd love to have you at our Saturday games.

Hey all, I added details about a tournament Bonnie Brae Hobbies is hosting on May 3rd, 2015 in celebration of "May the 4th Be With You." They posted the details on Facebook, but here it is completely copied over. Check the original posting to see some details and a link to the museum page to read up on how it came to be at the particular museum that the tournament will be at.

Jon

Edited by jjohnson111

Added info for the 2015 Regional Championship, going on at Total Escape Games in Broomfield, CO this year! Mark your calendars for May 30th, 2015.

Long overdue update needed. Some info as I have it has been added. Particularly details on the 2015 Store Wars! Also events have been listed for the Wizard's Chest for the next couple of weeks. Going to try to start scheduling things so players can prepare a little more easily!

Thanks all!

Thanks for the updates Jon! I super appreciate it. Took the summer off, and thinking about getting back in the cockpit. Might try to get down to the Chest for some casual next week. As far as the store wars go, are there qualifiers/restrictions? Or just show up with five bucks at the brewery?

Thursday Nights at the 2nd Enchanted Grounds location need to be added.

What time?

Thanks for the updates Jon! I super appreciate it. Took the summer off, and thinking about getting back in the cockpit. Might try to get down to the Chest for some casual next week. As far as the store wars go, are there qualifiers/restrictions? Or just show up with five bucks at the brewery?

I should have actually added some of the info I already knew about "Store Wars" but I was waiting on the organizer to release more info, which just so happened to come today after your post!

Players are being recruited mainly from the stores they participate and play at the most. They will be 4 man teams, and stores are individually figuring out how to put pilots on their roster. There is a Mercenary team, for those pilots who want to play but don't have the time to make it to stores often enough to call it "home."

Here is what was posted in Facebook today about tentative formats being played:

"Tenative format for the day: 2 rounds of 59 point cross faction as popular by AQ, 2 rounds of 100 point standard as popular everywhere, and up in the air is the last part I'd like to talk to the captains about as we have a few ideas! Yes, this will be multiple lists, but no more than 3. And pilots will be unique across all players for your store, so while Soontir may show up in multiple formats, he may only show up once each round for your store's members."

We have a solid group playing at Wizard's, so you should come on down Chris!

Edited by jjohnson111

I can't this week, but the next looks good fer sure. Looks like I need to get some deets on this merc squad. Although I haven't played for a fair while so that may be a touch deluded lol

What time?

Enchanted Grounds

3615 West Bowles Avenue. Suite 5. Littleton, CO 80123

Thursday X-Wing @ 6pm

They're working on creating an online calendar for the new store, but called and received confirmation. This is every Thursday.

What time?

Enchanted Grounds

3615 West Bowles Avenue. Suite 5. Littleton, CO 80123

Thursday X-Wing @ 6pm

They're working on creating an online calendar for the new store, but called and received confirmation. This is every Thursday.

Thanks for the info! I had looked on their site a while ago and was unable to track anything down, so this is super helpful.

Also, added!

Not strictly related, but I think it's worth mentioning here that the new Back to Dials podcast is live and put out by a bunch of Coloradan X-Wingers (and it's definitely worth a listen).

Seeing this thread makes me look forward to moving back home and enjoying the (seemingly) active community!

Oh the community is quite active, just of course this is the "downtime" of the season after Worlds is over and such. Whenever you get back here to CO, we'll be here waiting!

Pasted from another thread from yesterday...

The store in Pueblo is Chaos, Games and More and they are having an "entry level" tournament on Saturday, November 28th.

We have "Star Wars Saturdays" for X-Wing, Armada, Imperial Assault, and the Star Wars LCG. It really isn't that far of a drive from Springs and if you have never been down you are missing out.

edit: The Organized Play Winter Kits should be arriving in early January and we are planning a Store Championship for X-Wing in the first quarter of next year.

Store tournament, January 23, 2016. 12:00 PM. The Jester's Court, Grand Junction, Colorado. 100 pts. Website of the store is in the OP. PM me with any questions.

Oi jjon! Are you fine starfighters still meeting at the Wizard's Chest on Wednesday nights? I think I've finally got some time :D

Edit: Probably should've PM'd you

Edited by Futant420

Yes indeed we are still playing Wednesday nights from about 6-10.

We are however in the new location for the Wizard's Chest @ 451 Broadway. The new location has a load of space, players can now come and play whenever they want generally (so long as there are not big events i.e. Magic prerelease or something)!!

I have been away from home for the past month but I want to update this post with store champ listings and such, hopefully I find the time this week to do so! School started today so life has been hectic haha.

You should totally come down and join us!

Gamers Haven in Colorado Springs is every Wednesday at 6pm. It used to be on the list, but not sure why it's not anymore. I'll be there tonight!

Gamers Haven in Colorado Springs is every Wednesday at 6pm. It used to be on the list, but not sure why it's not anymore. I'll be there tonight!

Do you know date/time for the Store Champs @ Gamer's Haven (assuming you ordered a kit)?