Enslavers and Terror

By Calgor Grim, in Black Crusade House Rules

Chaps of the board, has anyone got any Black Crusade tier stats or even a baseline or something I can adapt for an Enslaver? I'm tempted to include them as a threat in the campaign but I can't find anything on them. I've got a mention of them in Achillus Assault for Deathwatch, but it is just that.

I also believe I heard of something in Rogue Trader but again havent got a statline...anyone got anything or have I got to guess at the unknown and horrific concept that is this beast?

Okay here's the statline for Enslavers from rogue trader (aka 40k 1st edition, not the FFG RPG) so you will have some converting to do.

M 6

WS 3

BS 3

S 5

T 5

W 3

I 4

A 1

Ld 10

Int 10

Cl 10

Wp 10

Psychic shock: range 24 inch. 1 inch radius area of affect. (Doesn't deviate) OR 1 inch radius around the enslaver in close combat. One S 5 hit wich igniores all armor.Psykers recieve a save based on their WP. (Equal or beat own wp on 2d6)

Enslaving: range: 12 inches. Each enslaver can enslave up to 10 creatures. To take over a creature: beat the victims WP score on 2D6. Once taken over a slave must remain within 24 inch of its master, otheriwse the psychic link is broken and the slave return to normal (may do nothing for 1 turn.)

I've also included the special abilities these buggers have. I hope this helps. These are obviously for the the tabletop game but I guess you could make something out of it.

Enslavers can be found either in DH Creatures Anathema p 89 or DW Ark of Lost Souls p 138.

Enslavers can be found either in DH Creatures Anathema p 89 or DW Ark of Lost Souls p 138.

Ta very much, I figured they would be in one of the books somewhere. The DW one should make a nice basis though I might need to adjust it a tad such as lower wounds but will raise its Fear Rating to probably 3 or 4. May also add Stuff of Nightmares and possibly Warp Instability, change it's Unnatural Characteristics to use Daemonic (X) instead.

Ta very much, I figured they would be in one of the books somewhere. The DW one should make a nice basis though I might need to adjust it a tad such as lower wounds but will raise its Fear Rating to probably 3 or 4. May also add Stuff of Nightmares and possibly Warp Instability, change it's Unnatural Characteristics to use Daemonic (X) instead.

Enslavers aren't daemons though. They are warp creatures. The difference may be small, but it is meaningful. Warp creatures don't generally suffer Warp Instability from being in the material realm, and when they do, they do so differently. They are also beings native to the Warp generally unbeholden to the Gods, with actual physiologies (warped and bizarre as they may be), instead of the more raw warp essence that daemons are comprised of.

Granted, adding Deamonic and Warp Instability to an Enslaver certainly isn't going to be lore breaking. Daemonic forms are virtually as infinite as the forms of Warp Creatures, and you could certainly have a Daemon-Enslaver easily enough, a Daemon who is taking the form of an Enslaver, or an Enslaver that became a Daemon, etc...

Remember that Enslavers aren't Chaos-Aligned. They tend to be the sort of bad guy the Inquisition & heretics team up against. At leat in my circles.

So Demon-like is ok, but no bargaining. It can't eat your soul like a normal demon, so you don't have anything it wants. Just more bodies to become it's robot slaves.