House rules to make our play-throughs more challenging

By Hrodban, in The Witcher Adventure Game

After two proper play-throughs (with two of my play groups) I've been noticing the characters quickly become too strong in the mid and late game; Unless I've missed something in the rules reference that makes the game harder.

Have you come up with any working house-rules to make the game a bit more challenging without making it impossible?

Removed some proposed house-rules due to confusion, posting results from some play-throughs below.

Kinds regards,

Hrodban

Edited by Hrodban

These made the games a bit more interesting for us:

1) Limiting the development cards to a maximum of 3 in total; Where slot #1 is utility/offensive, slot #2 is utility/defensive and slot #3 is utility. By offensive we mean cards generating Sword(s)/Ritual(s) from common tokens without dice requirements, and by defensive we mean cards generating Shield(s) from common tokens without dice requirements. And finally utility cards is everything else.

2) 3 face down bronze monsters becomes 1 face down silver

3 face down silver monsters becomes 1 face down gold

Edited by Hrodban

Common Tokens are already limited to a max of 3 per development card.

Common Tokens are already limited to a max of 3 per development card.

Yes, we're limiting the character to only have up to 3 development cards ;)

And the proposed Common Token limit is for the sum of all tokens on all cards.

The problem with just the 3 Common Tokens per Development Card limit; When we have 2-3 development cards that gives swords, shields and rituals, we don't even need to roll the dice to beat anything in the game.

Edited by Hrodban