Withdrawing hero with heroic token

By lorddax, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Has anyone encountered this situation?

I ran into it in our last game where I focusfired Jadyn who had activated but still had the heroic activation left. I forced her to withdraw but then we spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what happened with the token she was holding.

Also in that mission - Jadyn's sidemission, what happens if you force her to withdraw before she activates the comm?

Nothing happens with the token, it is just follows the rules as usual and is given to another player at the end of the round.

I do not have the campaign guide with me but the mission rules should clearly state if anything special happens when she withdraws

The heroic activation token continues to pass between heroes still in play.

I have the campaign guide in front of me, what is the name of the mission?

If you meant Jyn Odan (which i assume you do), then the mission is "High Moon".

Campaign spoilers:

The mission cannot progress unless Jyn uses the terminal (which should not have been a problem since the Rebels activate first and Jyn starts 3 squares away from the terminal).

If the mission cannot progress, then you continue playing until the other victory condition is met, which in this case is: "all rebels are wounded".

Basically, if Jyn is forced to withdraw before she interacts with the comlink, the Rebels cannot win the scenario.

You would continue playing, with the Imperial player gaining threat each turn and resolving optional deployments and/or reinforcements until the Rebels are all wounded. Maybe they get a crate or two, maybe they dont. Maybe the rebels actually get the upper hand and are able to deal with the reinforcements and they play until they quit. Either way, the Rebels have lost this mission.

Edited by Fizz

Isn't there a clause saying the missions ends if she withdraws like the Dialas side quest?

I don't remember seeing one, which is what caused a lot of confusion. We played it out but it was simply an attrition game that I eventually won but I know my players would have preferred a much clearer cut line.

And with the token, so I was right and that the 4th activation disappeared for the turn until the start of the next round?

Are we compiling a list of any strange stuff like this for an unofficial FAQ until FFG puts one out? We have the Descent 2e FAQ to reference as a guide for the type of stuff.

Edited by lorddax

There are only two victory conditions, and there is nothing saying "if Jyn withdraws". But it would make sense in this particular scenario that at the very least, the Rebels have lost.

However, every single mission has a maximum number of rounds, based on the round counter. I recall seeing something that stated the the round counter has exceeded its maximum, one side automatically wins. But I cannot seem to find that now, maybe I am just talking out of my ass?

Edited by Fizz

However, every single mission has a maximum number of rounds, based on the round counter. I recall seeing something that stated the the round counter has exceeded its maximum, one side automatically wins. But I cannot seem to find that now, maybe I am just talking out of my ass?

Some missions, like ... oh shoot, I forgot the name .... Pleasure Cruise, or something. Anyway, some missions like that one don't have round limits.

Oh man, what I wouldn't give for a pleasure cruise with no round limits.

Free alcohol, too?

Now Im wondering if there should be a house rule of anytime a figure you control takes damage, drink.

Aftermath would have a whole new meaning...