Running with the Flag

By Card_Breaker, in Gummi Garage

I'm not so good with deck building, so please comment on my deck! It is my second attempt at a WR after my first deck that I made a while ago netted me 6 losses and 0 wins... yeah... So, please help. One dilemma that I know I have is I need to thin out my deck... too many cards.

Card Count: 60 (My deck needs to go on a diet!!! Please help it!!!)

Player: Sora Lv 2 (Flag Sora) - 9 attack against aggro decks

Friends:

Lv 0

Mayor x1 - fetches jack

Tidus x2 - Gets rid of Owl or other annoying Lv 0s

King x1 - search freebie
Wendy x1

Lv 1

Jack x1 - lowers levels of heartless so I can bounce/remove them

Peter Pan x2 - No card text: Stealth Sneak

Cid x1 - Quick cycling through my deck

Tigger x1 - 8 support, Lv 1

Donald x1 - Casts Bambi, extra Lv 1s
Moogle x1

Phil x2 - I never use magic + support
Pinocchio x3

Lv 2

Fairy Godmother x1 - Bambi/Tink/Dumbo fetch

Jack x1 - Same as Lv 1

Triton x2 - Jump to higher level cards
Beast x1 - removes Dark cards
Herc x1

Lv 3

Jack x1 - Same as Lv 2

Beast (L&D) x2 - Better than Lv 2

Herc (L&D) x1 - Bouncy

Lv 4

Cloud x2 - Infinite battle support

Magic/Friends:

Lv 1

Tink x1 - Heal against Aggro
Bambi x1

Simba x2

Lv 2

Tink x1 - Heal against aggro/potential jump to level 3

Lv 3

Bambi x3 - Cycling through deck

Attack:

Ultima x1 - Battle support and draw 2 for cycling

Oblivion x1 - Battle support

Oathkeeper x2 - HP gain against aggro

Worlds:

Destiny Islands x2 - Tidus/King/Mayor fetch

Hollow Bastion Lv 3 x1 - It's not like my attack value is really gonna affect the battle anyways

Traverse Town Lv 3 x2
Deep Jungle Lv 2 x2
Monstro Lv 1 x2

Disney Castle x3 - Free draw/Dark free zone

Dark:

Parasite Cage x2

Dragon Maleficent x1

Behemoth x1
Jafar x1
Jafar-Genie x1

Don't know what to say, looks pretty good. not so sure about the Deep jungle's though...

Also how many card's in your deck?

Card_Breaker said:

I'm not so good with deck building, so please comment on my deck! It is my second attempt at a WR after my first deck that I made a while ago netted me 6 losses and 0 wins... yeah... So, please help. One dilemma that I know I have is I need to thin out my deck... too many cards.

Friends:

Lv 0

Mayor x1 - fetches jack

Tidus x3 - Gets rid of Owl or other annoying Lv 0s

King x1 - search freebie

Lv 1

Peter Pan x2 - No card text: Stealth Sneak, Behemoth, Barrel Spider, etc.

Donald x2 - Casts Bambi, extra Lv 1s

Lv 2

Jack x1 - Same as Lv 1

Beast x2 - removes Dark cards

Lv 3

Jack x1 - Same as Lv 2

Herc (L&D) x2 - Bouncy

Lv 4

Sephy x1 - Challenge support in case challenged + desperate battle support

Magic/Friends:

Lv 0

Lv 1

Dumbo x2 - Can help in a pinch/Stealth Sneak

Lv 2

Tink x2 - Heal against aggro/potential jump to level 3

Lv 3

Attack:

Worlds:

Destiny Islands x3 - Tidus/King/Mayor fetch

Deep Jungle Lv 3 x3 - messes with aggro and I can get rid of many Dark cards through card effects

Atlantica Lv 2 x1 - Riku can't use Soul Eater

Traverse Town Lv 3 x1

Disney Castle x2 - Free draw/Dark free zone

Dark:

Parasite Cage x2

Dragon Maleficent x2

Invisible x1

Gargoyle x1

Behemoth x2

Pan does not stop Behemoth, Barrel Spider, Parasite Cage, Villains, or any other card whose effect takes place outside the damage step.

Roxas said:

Card_Breaker said:

Friends:

Lv 0

Mayor x1 - fetches jack

Tidus x3 - Gets rid of Owl or other annoying Lv 0s

King x1 - search freebie

Lv 1

Peter Pan x2 - No card text: Stealth Sneak, Behemoth, Barrel Spider, etc.

Donald x2 - Casts Bambi, extra Lv 1s

Lv 2

Jack x1 - Same as Lv 1

Beast x2 - removes Dark cards

Lv 3

Jack x1 - Same as Lv 2

Herc (L&D) x2 - Bouncy

Lv 4

Sephy x1 - Challenge support in case challenged + desperate battle support

Magic/Friends:

Lv 0

Lv 1

Dumbo x2 - Can help in a pinch/Stealth Sneak

Lv 2

Tink x2 - Heal against aggro/potential jump to level 3

Lv 3

Attack:

Worlds:

Destiny Islands x3 - Tidus/King/Mayor fetch

Deep Jungle Lv 3 x3 - messes with aggro and I can get rid of many Dark cards through card effects

Atlantica Lv 2 x1 - Riku can't use Soul Eater

Traverse Town Lv 3 x1

Disney Castle x2 - Free draw/Dark free zone

Dark:

Parasite Cage x2

Dragon Maleficent x2

Invisible x1

Gargoyle x1

Behemoth x2

Pan does not stop Behemoth, Barrel Spider, Parasite Cage, Villains, or any other card whose effect takes place outside the damage step.

Okay, any advice for my deck? Help with thinning?

WR's arent my strong suit, but I think it looks solid. Play test it, thats the only way we learn to get better.

I'm fairly certain that it would be good to remove Traverse Town Level 3 and put in End Of The World because:

1) If you play it as one of your last worlds, it won't matter what levels of cards are played

2) It doesn't give you a possible +3 of extra POW to kill

I'd like to help you playtest.

demonofturks said:

I'm fairly certain that it would be good to remove Traverse Town Level 3 and put in End Of The World because:

1) If you play it as one of your last worlds, it won't matter what levels of cards are played

2) It doesn't give you a possible +3 of extra POW to kill

I'd like to help you playtest.

Well, I'd much rather have 3 POW than an unlimited amount of Dark cards. Sure, we can playtest. It'll help me with my awful WR skills.

I like traverse town lvl 3 over EotW for the reason that you can drop it down first turn and chances are they won't be able to play any darks cards on it and you just ran freeley to level 3

Where as with EotW they can play whatever starting pain they drew

I'm not so sure about deep jungles either, although with your player card they do help stall out aggro, which is good, but, you will need two of your atk cards to beat a dragon malificent, which could be very hard against a deck running three pinnochios

And run your own pinnochios, get rid of parasite cages and the like before you move to a scary world

My only other sugestion is if you have it use tink 1 over tink 0, you can free cast it anyway as sora, it gives you an extra health, and you can use it to bridge to lvl 2

Hope that helps :) happy racing

GTrogi said:

I like traverse town lvl 3 over EotW for the reason that you can drop it down first turn and chances are they won't be able to play any darks cards on it and you just ran freeley to level 3

Where as with EotW they can play whatever starting pain they drew

I'm not so sure about deep jungles either, although with your player card they do help stall out aggro, which is good, but, you will need two of your atk cards to beat a dragon malificent, which could be very hard against a deck running three pinnochios

And run your own pinnochios, get rid of parasite cages and the like before you move to a scary world

My only other sugestion is if you have it use tink 1 over tink 0, you can free cast it anyway as sora, it gives you an extra health, and you can use it to bridge to lvl 2

Hope that helps :) happy racing

Thanks! I'll edit my list right now!

EDIT: I'm currently at 60 cards... Please help thin!

Alright well, I've give you my 2 cents:

Worlds: You have 22 points worth of worlds, you can cut that down easily to 16: Atlantica is a very double edged sword, I personally don't like it since king->ultima is so powerful in a WR, just cut some points worth, keep 2 D.Castles though

Dark: I think you need more, since you don't have any control I suggest Jafar/Jafar-Genie combo since its a guaranteed 1 turn stall to help you race to the finish first against another WR

Attack: Looks good, I'd suggest a third Oathkeeper but its not a huge deal

Magic Friends: Cut Dumbo, herc/beast and pan are much better answers to stealth and the +4 against a dark card is weaker than most friends and you will sometimes not be able to play it against Owl

Bambi is up for debate, with monstro out the +2 attack will most likely not be used and you will run into situations where they have monstro and they cage one of your friends then simba the other two away and there lots of times a bambi will be a dead draw since you will also need to draw a caster, but this one can go either way

Friends: I say cut Sephiroth, with three tinks I think you need to concentrate your resources on killing their baddies as opposed to stopping their challenges, It can work but I think hes too tough to play and will be a dead draw to often to be worth it

With two (or three with sephy) level 4s and three bambis you have too many level threes, maybe cut one of each herc and beast, you will still have no troubles bridging to 4

level 2s look good, if you decide to cut bambis cut FGM too, but if you keep them FGM will come in handy

level 1s and 0s look good you have more than you need for bridging, the donalds could go if the bambis go.

Thats a start :) good luck

don't run lvl 3 worlds...they are all bad, and they don't help against any deck...too easy to lock.

3 d. isles
3 monstro lvl 1
3 castle
3 deep jungle lvl 2

That is probably best

Roxas_Lawliet said:

don't run lvl 3 worlds...they are all bad, and they don't help against any deck...too easy to lock.

3 d. isles
3 monstro lvl 1
3 castle
3 deep jungle lvl 2

That is probably best

Well I don't think the Lv 3's I picked are quite as bad as the others. Plus it allows for the Disney Castle combo where No Dark cards can be played and a Lv 3 world = win. Though I will be cutting down.

GTrogi: Awesome, thanks! I'll take up cutting my worlds, use the Jafar combo, cut Dumbo, and cut my Lv 3s. I'm gonna keep Sephy because I still think it is something that'll be a threat for Aggro (18 attack power already when teamed up with flag's effect). The reason why I don't want to cut Bambi is because he is useful for quickly going through a deck. And I can play Bambi, ativate his effect, then discard him when Monstro is out anyway.

I'll probably integrate Wisdom Form into this since I get an extra draw plus my support almost stays the same. Plus, 4 magic off the bat! I can cast my Magic/Friends easily with that. I'll have two when I receive my shipment of cards anyway.

Cards you don't really need:

Jack level 1 and Jack level 2. Jack 3 does the same job only better, meaning that Jack 1 and 2 are both dead weight.

You might only need 1 Phil. While he does have nice support you probably don't need to use him for that.

You only need one Cloud because in most cases he never goes out of play once he goes in. The second Cloud is dead weight.

You might not actually need both Peter Pans. Only one will do, unless your opponent spams Stealth Sneak. If he DOES spam Stealth Sneak, then Dumbo will be a better choice. But Peter Pan does well against other cards like Gargoyle and so on, so I'd hold on to at least one copy of him.

I'd also avoid having 2 Donalds in the same deck. In fact, having multiples of any Friend Card kinda limits the potential power of your deck. You might only need one of those.

With all of the Deck Cycling cards you have, Fairy Godmother might not be all that necessary either.

And as for King Triton, you could replace both copies of him with a single Moogle card. Moogle is a level 1 card that lets you play friend cards of any level.

Pinnochio is dead weight unless you know for a fact that your opponent has some devestating card in his hand. Unless you plan to Jack+Herc then Pinnochio the card you just bounced, which it doesn't look like you intend to do, I'd get rid of these 3 cards.

So if you follow my suggestions you'll be down to 45 cards.

Other cards you might want to consider doing without:

Mayor, Sephiroth (Since you're not Aggro you don't really need him), Tink level 1, maybe a few less Bambi level 3s, or maybe you don't need Disney Castle.

Also, you might want to replace Beast level 2s with Herc level 3s.

As for the overall status of the deck, going quickly through the deck would be a good idea if you had a few strong cards that you were trying to pick up again and again, and while I do see a few strong cards in your deck, you also seem to be lacking in actual support value. I'd suggest replacing some of your free draw cards with some cards with a high support value.

Also, your Dark Card choices are... okay, but not great. Dragon M is hard to deal with early on, but she's no show stopper. Parasite Cage is a good choice. Behemoth and Dragon M could and probably should both be replaced by Gargoyle x2. The idea with Gargoyle is that it can only be attacked through magic, but since you have Phil in your deck your opponent won't be able to use Magic at all. They'll be forced to either retreat, Darkside your Phil, or Peter Pan their way past Gargoyle's Card Text. And while they're busy trying to find the cards to let them get around your Gargoyle you can be going on your merry way to a world level of 13.

Sluppie you give the worst advice I have ever seen...

Sora_Yagami said:

QFT

I know you said your just trying to be "helpful" but your advice is so bad it's not going to help anything at all. It's a good thing Card_Breaker knows better than to listen to this stuff.

WayToTheDawn said:

Sora_Yagami said:

QFT

I know you said your just trying to be "helpful" but your advice is so bad it's not going to help anything at all. It's a good thing Card_Breaker knows better than to listen to this stuff.

QFT

Some of it is plausible... but a lot is just... absurd... I mean, get rid of Pinocchio?!

PS: Some means a tiny fragment.

hey hey come on guys sluppie's advice isnt that bad i mean i dont agree what so ever about ever replacing triton with a moogle but if your trying to cut down on size then i can see getting rid of the lower lvl jacks and the multiples of certain cards i mean his advice on the dark cards was pretty awful because jack+herc beast pretty much beats gargoyle so chyea thats a bit silly but i can see the reasoning behind his advice and its not as bad as you guys make it seem lol. and breaker if your racing remember the cardinal rule RACERS DONT GIVE A BUTSS BEHIND ABOUT WINNING CHALLENGES.. lol if you want to build a real WR you have to use a sora lvl 1 and then i can cut your deck to about 42 cards and youll be fine lol or you can wait until set 4 comes out and then edit it to be more balanced with valor form. :)

Valor form honestly just destorys WR as we know it.

Darkwing Duck said:

hey hey come on guys sluppie's advice isnt that bad i mean i dont agree what so ever about ever replacing triton with a moogle but if your trying to cut down on size then i can see getting rid of the lower lvl jacks and the multiples of certain cards i mean his advice on the dark cards was pretty awful because jack+herc beast pretty much beats gargoyle so chyea thats a bit silly but i can see the reasoning behind his advice and its not as bad as you guys make it seem lol. and breaker if your racing remember the cardinal rule RACERS DONT GIVE A BUTSS BEHIND ABOUT WINNING CHALLENGES.. lol if you want to build a real WR you have to use a sora lvl 1 and then i can cut your deck to about 42 cards and youll be fine lol or you can wait until set 4 comes out and then edit it to be more balanced with valor form. :)

Well, what my mindset is behind Sephy is that it'll cause the opponent to have to use more friends or will have to maybe skip a challenge due to him. I don't plan on winning challenges. Just slowing Aggros down so I lose less HP and have more time to reach 13.

That's an interesting bit of strategy, sure...but I think when it comes down to cards you could cut, I think Sephy is definitely the best choice. It'll stall 'em maybe once or twice? MAYBE...most of the time Aggros are prepared for the Sephy cause of other aggros...so I can't see it slowing them down THAT much. I think the Flag Sora is enough "Aggro Hate"...focus more on racing and soaking damage....thats how WRs win.

I think this is a well thought out deck myself, though it needs a tad more construction work. As a JoaT it looks like it will work fantastically, though I can't say until I duel against it myself :3

As a WR, it does need to focus a little bit more on the 'R' :P

/un-necessary post generally agreeing with everyone else and repeating what others have said.

I recommend Wendy actually, I'd having the option of a second ramper/heal searcher in my deck, and simba fodder is never a bad idea. I'd but a donald for a moogle to help with consistency issues, keep in mind that cloud can cast everything you need it too and getting him first turn off of D. Isles is ideal. Phil as a three is considerable too. I'd like to see one beast lvl 2 be a herc lvl 2, boucning then going to castle is pretty safe and can be useful if you have beast caged. Definitely keep 2 Clouds, It's nice to have two for consistency and insurance that you will draw one in case you get hit with pinnochio turn 1 or they simba it off the board, but cut sephy. I'd consider Bambi lvl 1's and simba lvl 1's too actually, Simba is good support and nabbing a friend off their side of the board isn't a bad idea. I'd consider taking the second tink lvl 2 out for another Destiny islands or Disney Castle. You really need more worlds. The list I sent before plus 2-3 lvl 3's for when you are at 10 is probably best imo.

Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to implement it!

EDIT: After doing so, my deck is back at 60 cards. I need to thin now...

Well hey, yeah King Triton has his uses but you only listed him as a "bridge to level 3" which is kinda silly. But if you're going to use him for other advantages in addition to the bridge then that's another story. But then moogle isn't necessarily that great either when you realise that World Racers have to worry about Darkside sometimes. Not really sure what I was thinking.

I fully take back my comment on Pinocchio.

But on the other hand, Sephiroth is an obvious choice for any Aggro deck, which means that if you run Sephiroth then all you're really doing is canceling out his Sephiroth. Maybe that's good enough, and it is going to trip him up a bit.