Still Playing this Game!

By Prepare for War, in Chaos in the Old World

This forum is so quiet, I thought I'd make some noise.

Hey FFG! My game group still play this game at least once a month, and we still love it.

In our opinion its one of the finest free-for-all strategy board game out there at the moment.

Put an expansion out and we will buy it.

Just showing the love, so that FFG know this game is not forgotten!

If you play and love this game, shout out on this thread, and you never know, someone might notice.

I love this game (both base and horned rat expansion) but if they put another expansion out will I buy it?

Not necessarily. Only if it is good and meanignful addition to the game.

I still play this game too, and it is one of the few FFG games where I don't think it needs an expansion.

It's great as it is :)

This game is still one of my favorites. Does it need an expansion? No. Would it be nice to have one anyway? Yes. I would love to see a mechanic that allowed someone to play the forces of mankind. To turn the peasants and heroes into some sort of playable mechanic complete with multiple win conditions. Perhaps another dial.

Forces of Man would be interesting.

A card based expansion for new events, powers, options etc would be fine but I think it's one of the most perfect games in existence.

I love this game! Really, I love it! I'd buy a new version, a deluxe version, an expansion, whatever!
I really think FFG should give more love to this game!

This is one of the best FFG's games.

Another expansion would be very complicated to balance.
The 6th player will have opportunities to play cards? Too much corruption? New board with 3 card slots? ...
Maybe the dark elves with an avatar of Khaine as greater demon could work, maybe humans.
I think it wont be necessary at all.

First games tomorrow! Jumping right in to 5-player, going to use all the Morrslieb Chaos Decks, going to leave out the eight Expert-level Old World Cards. (The new "Horned One's Due" is supposed to always be in there, right? Anyway I haven't read any complaints about that card.)

I don't think any of us have ever played this game before. Pretty excited. I told everyone to leave their Euro-whinging at home and get ready for rampant unfairness.

Love this game and still playing it.

An expansion with only old world cards titled ¨The End Times¨

I second this. I own the game and the expansion, and despite its flaws (which can be houseruled anyway) it's as thrilling as ever and hits the table pretty regularly. One of the best 4-5 players games out there.

What I don't know is the impact the release of Forbidden Stars may have on Chaos. Maybe it will displace it, maybe it will attract other players interested in asymmetric area control games or just Warhammer games, we'll see.

I just bought this recently and it's already a regular we play every week.

The only thing I'd like to see at the moment is to squeeze in a 6th player somehow (maybe by enlarging the map).

I'd love to see an alternate board rather than an expanded map, perhaps one of just the Empire and its many Provinces. 10 board areas, and a whole new Old World deck that reflects Imperial events only: that'd be all kinds of awesome. Five populous provinces: Reikland, Averland, Wissenland, Talabecland and Middenland. It'd also be a great opportunity to rebalance the Old World cards and take out the more problematic ones, like Electors Sue for Peace, or (can't recall the name) the one that puts a Skaven token in every region. Upping the difficulty generally of the Old World cards would make it more challenging: maybe not all of them at the level of the Horned Rat Expansion ones, but consistent;y somewhere between them and the core ones.

As for me they could put out some official 2 player rules or an expansion to play this as a two player game.

Played it last time few months ago, but recently Cthulhu wars has gone ahead of this. Thats truly amazing game and it has taken some things from this game. You should check that out if you love this one.

Still i think Chaos in the old world has been some of my favourite 4 player games ever

i can't wait to get chaos in the old world back to my gaming table, it is easily my fave game of all time. The main thing is getting the right 4 people to the table to play it, when that happens its such a rewarding and entertaining couple of hours :)

I bought it recently, love it :)

I hear the expansion is really good. Waiting till it's reprinted in polish, as for now it's unavailable.

I played it yesterday. It is my go-to game when I have 4 players gathered. That only happens once a year or so though :P

Yup, still playing it, still one of my favorites. :)

So, August 2017, and this game has died along with all the other Games Workshop licenses, and is definitively dead, deceased, gone, a dead parrot, etc.

However I just have to say we are STILL playing this game, at least once a month, and we have well over 200 games played as a group, and we're STILL learning new things each time we play. All I have to do is text "CitOW?" to my buddies, and a few hours later, we're playing it again, and saying how much we love it.

This is basically, without question, the best value I've ever got out of a board game.

I know this game is never coming back, and I know that a reskin to an owned IP is unlikely, but I just have to say to whoever was behind the game design: Bravo. Whoever was the main driving force behind this game, give them a raise, because he or she makes **** good games.

You have no idea how much me and my group have enjoyed and are still enjoying your most excellent creation.

Thanks for your creativity.

On 8/9/2017 at 9:02 PM, Prepare for War said:

I just have to say to whoever was behind the game design: Bravo. Whoever was the main driving force behind this game, give them a raise, because he or she makes **** good games.

You have no idea how much me and my group have enjoyed and are still enjoying your most excellent creation.

Thanks for your creativity.

That would be Eric M. Lang . He has quite a reputation as a designer. One of his recent games "Blood Rage" seems to be universally praised. Maybe you would like that one too?
Here you can find a list of games Eric has contributed to, sorted by their rank on BGG .