Donovan and Mitsurugi Promo Cards - Important!!

By Tallgeese, in UFS Uk Forum

Ok, I have just received an email regarding these two cards, it will make some people happy and others cry. This is the situation:

The Donovan and Mitsurugi promo cards given out at the Street Fighter Nationals are not and never will be legal. These cards were not meant to be sent to us, in fact these cards were not meant to be sent to anyone.

I'm really sorry if you received the card and, like me, went mad building an all conquering Mitsurugi I'm Never Going To Die Deck, it will never see tournament play. There are two options:

A: You send the cards back to me and I will send you replacement, unreleased league foils.

B: You can keep the cards, grumble a bit, add them to your folders and only ever use them for casual play.

I know this is a right royal pain, but accidents will happen. It's up to you guys though, so if you couldlet me know your thoughts that would be cool.

Well, I feel less bad about not being able to make it now happy.gif

Presumably there will be new versions eventually (like with Cammy) or is this another Olcadan situation? Or didn't they say?

They were never intended for release, which in Mitsi's case is a pain as I had already built a deck based on him. I wasn't given a reason as to why either weren't being made available or if there would be new versions eventually. I don't have a copy of Donovan here so I can't spoil that card, but Mitsi:

HS: 6

Life: 28

All, Fire, Void.

E: Commit all of your foundations. If your attack's dammage is at least double its printed dammage, reduce the damage to 0. Return your vitality to its printed total and ready all of your foundations. Only playable if you have at least 1 ready foundation.

Utter filth card! Mitsi says " I Don't Die!!", especially with Fight or Flight sat there. happy.gif

Tallgeese said:

I wasn't given a reason as to why either weren't being made available or if there would be new versions eventually.

Tallgeese said:

Utter filth card! Mitsi says " I Don't Die!!", especially with Fight or Flight sat there. happy.gif

I spy a connection. Could the non-release be anything to do with the intention of the Revitalise banning and the move away from one-turn KO?

(also attempting to figure out the code for this new board!)

A pity they won't ever be released, we finally had a good mitsi and he's taken away from us! Ah well, casual play seems alright just to mess with peoples heads =D

I don't think they will bother to change the text of thoses cards. Sadly, more holes in the binder. oh well.

Can anyone shed light on the banned Donovan?

Tallgeese said:

They were never intended for release, which in Mitsi's case is a pain as I had already built a deck based on him. I wasn't given a reason as to why either weren't being made available or if there would be new versions eventually. I don't have a copy of Donovan here so I can't spoil that card, but Mitsi:

All, Fire, Void.

E: Commit all of your foundations. If your attack's dammage is at least double its printed dammage, reduce the damage to 0. Return your vitality to its printed total and ready all of your foundations. Only playable if you have at least 1 ready foundation.

Say your opponent throws a move at you. You check to see if you have at least 1 ready foundation - yeah, you do! And Mitsu is ready too. You declare his E, and it starts resolving: Commit all your foundations. If your attack's damage is at least double its printed -- nope, it's not your attack, continue the effect. Return your vitality to printed and ready all your foundations. In other words, every time your opponent throws a move, you untap everything and Replenish yourself. O_O

Wafflecopter said:

Tallgeese said:

All, Fire, Void.

Y'know, if that wording is 100% accurate, you don't NEED your attack to be at double printed damage. You don't even need it to be "your" attack.

Say your opponent throws a move at you. You check to see if you have at least 1 ready foundation - yeah, you do! And Mitsu is ready too. You declare his E, and it starts resolving: Commit all your foundations. If your attack's damage is at least double its printed -- nope, it's not your attack, continue the effect. Return your vitality to printed and ready all your foundations. In other words, every time your opponent throws a move, you untap everything and Replenish yourself. O_O

Not exactly, as the text says "If your attack is at least double it's printed damage..." If there is no attack of yours to target, then the rest of the effect doesn't resolve. However, we did notice his power with Multiple copies (printed damage of 0) was quite silly.

anyways, do many copies where running around?

I only saw 2 or 3 copies of Mitsurugi, and only 1 Donovan, which Viewtiful_Joe now has. And before you ask, he's not trading it.

For those that wanted to know, I think his symbols were Death, Fire, Order, and his abilities were as follows.

First F commit: Until your next turn, progressive difficulty is doubled. Put 1 Hunter token on this card.

First F commit, remove X Hunter tokens from this card: For the rest of this turn, all your attacks get +X damage.

we had the spoilers the day before the non-releasing announcement. no, i wouldn't have asked if he traded it... but to look for thems :D

i am kind of glad that Mitsurugi is not going to be released as it there where limited ways to stop his affect(off the top of my head tag along)

the donavan i did not mind to much

Actually it doesnt need to be ur attack. its not an if then card its an "if its ur atk and double reduce it to 0. the rest of the txt" IF its worded exactly as that.

If not and its a if then thingy then its STUPID with multiples... like completely retarded. i wouldnt mind seeing a scan of them though :D lol

And i think (other than the fact that its stupid) that he wont be made because they ARE trying to get away from OTKs and thats wat that sorta forces

Son Gopaul said:

Not exactly, as the text says "If your attack is at least double it's printed damage..." If there is no attack of yours to target, then the rest of the effect doesn't resolve. However, we did notice his power with Multiple copies (printed damage of 0) was quite silly.

'Fraid it does work, there is no instance of "and then" in the text and it is in a separate sentance. You always get to revitalise ¬_¬

Speedsta said:

Son Gopaul said:

'Fraid it does work, there is no instance of "and then" in the text and it is in a separate sentance. You always get to revitalise ¬_¬

Well, according to the last version of the TR anything and everything following an "If..." only resolves if the condition is met, this includes text in a separate sentence. That's what led to the whole mess with the exact wording of BRT that nearly made Scott's head explode.

So right now, you don't get to revitalise unless it's your attack at double damage. What the state of play will be when the new TR finally come out is anybody's guess.

It's all acabemic really, so few people have the card, or are likely to get the card, that the chances of facing it are next to nothing. A quick search of Ebay found one copy of Donovan and no Mitsi, I'm just happy I have mine......................... happy.gif

Must...fight...urge...to...check...ebay...

Tallgeese said:

acabemic

I want to edit my posts!! What the Cliff is Acabemic? happy.gif I o f course meant academic, honestly.

And Rob, give in to those urges, you'll explode otherewise................. happy.gif

Tallgeese said:

otherewise

You gotta love a typo in a post complaining about typos happy.gif

And I will resist this time. Although I did go on there looking for Battlelore stuff having owned the game for less than 12 hours. Mr Willpower in action again. happy.gif

i personally saw mitsarugi as a bit ott but then i looked at donovan, he is totally mental really he is just nuts. with his symbols he car run things like sting like a bee to undo his own effect of progressive being doubled, he can run tiger fury arguably the best single hit attack in the game and he also has order and death giving him access to cards like forethought, blood runs true, manifest destiny, no memories tag along and pretty much all the power cards associated with those symbols. im glad to see him go but it really makes you think who is designing these cards?

Mitsi was still worse...................... happy.gif

i agree with steve ^^

i was looking forward to getting a copy of mitsi actually... ;_;

Sorry to barge in (and late at that!), but I felt it worth saying:

If any of you DO have one of the Donovans for trade, I would be *immensely* (the word fails its goal only due to lack of degree) interested in working something out for one of them.

I would have simply satisfied this desire with Ebay, but, alas, there are none listed there (or perhaps I'm not searching correctly). Sad face.

As a side note, I would also be interested in trading for the Mitsurugi and Victor as well, if anyone has them. Donovan is simply my favorite character, and as such, a much higher priority for me.

Thanks for your time. Someday I hope to make it back across the pond...maybe I can find some of you lot and get in some games =]

Please don't make me beg...I swear I'll go back to my part of the forums after ;_;