Relic: Halls of Terra

By Nemomon, in Relic

Woohoo great news!

Fantastic!!!

Although honestly I could do without an extra board.

Fantastic!!!

Looks like the extra board will cover the central region of the original board, just like the Dragon expansion for Talisman.

Also, I have a question. This new expansion has another nemesis character. Does it mean, Relic owners MUST have the Relic Nemesis expansion to play this new "Hall of Terra" expansion?

Also, I have a question. This new expansion has another nemesis character. Does it mean, Relic owners MUST have the Relic Nemesis expansion to play this new "Hall of Terra" expansion?

but nemesis change all the game , is soooooo much better play with nemesis.

Fantastic!!!

Looks like the extra board will cover the central region of the original board, just like the Dragon expansion for Talisman.

I dont think so...the nemesis mode was optional...even if you had the nemesis expansion. No one forces anyone to be a nemesis...just that there be at least 3 players before a nemesis character can be taken.

To me this expansion sort of resembles the City Expansion as it was in Talisman 2nd edition, which gave players the opportunity to give their characters new jobs (High Mage, Master Thief etc). I'm guessing it's not a replacement for the middle area but a side board upon which you can take an alternative route to powering up your character and acquiring relics. I'm glad that it is coming out as extra areas to explore and new paths to victory is really what makes Talisman fun and it should do a lot to increase the playability of Relic.

Awesome news. :) :) :) I will buy it.

Although was hoping for improvements to the Nemesis gameplay.

:P :P :P

Guys, have you figured what the new characters are?

The one announced and having a char sheet is House Belisarius Navigator.

The one in termie armor looks like a Grey Knight to me.

The third one resembles Adepta Sororitas, though I'm not sure.

And new Nemesis is again some Chaos guy, eh :(

Anyway, the expansion looks very cool, and they seem to add some new gameplay mechanic here as well, that's just great imo.

Guys, have you figured what the new characters are?

The one announced and having a char sheet is House Belisarius Navigator.

The one in termie armor looks like a Grey Knight to me.

The third one resembles Adepta Sororitas, though I'm not sure.

And new Nemesis is again some Chaos guy, eh :(

Anyway, the expansion looks very cool, and they seem to add some new gameplay mechanic here as well, that's just great imo.

House Belisarius Navigator

Grey Knight Paladin

Sororitas Hospitaller

with the Nemesis being a Warpsmith

I was actually thinking Deathwing Terminator, not a Grey Knight. The helmet is wrong for Grey Knights, it is a 'standard' terminator helmet, while Grey Knights, paladin or otherwise, have more of your stereotypical knight helmets. While yes Grey Knight fits with the theme of "Halls of Terra" the bust is wrong, and I seriously doubt FFG would make something that 'wrong' especially when they have images of Grey Knights in their 40k RPG book.

Edit: And if you look at the Term bust, the chest plate -is- a Deathwing Term skull with wings. I do think the other two are right, the Warpsmith, and the Sororitas Hospitalier

Edited by Westonard

Excited I am

Yey, more stuff to paint. :lol:

I was actually thinking Deathwing Terminator, not a Grey Knight. The helmet is wrong for Grey Knights, it is a 'standard' terminator helmet, while Grey Knights, paladin or otherwise, have more of your stereotypical knight helmets. While yes Grey Knight fits with the theme of "Halls of Terra" the bust is wrong, and I seriously doubt FFG would make something that 'wrong' especially when they have images of Grey Knights in their 40k RPG book.

Edit: And if you look at the Term bust, the chest plate -is- a Deathwing Term skull with wings. I do think the other two are right, the Warpsmith, and the Sororitas Hospitalier

Yep, I don't think it's a Grey Knight, and personally I'm not a big fan of Grey Knights either so that's more of a relief for me.

Possibly Deathwing yes.

I agree. But we have a tactical marine instead a captain

Did Captians not where Standard armor? That was what they started in...and as i recall relic armor (the 2+ save one...the name escapes me) was just shiny tactical armor...I know GW had this thing where officers never wore helmets for some reason but your captain model had helmet options available...and I would have taken them...having your commander get headshot cause he was too proud to wear a helmet was always stupid to me.

That being said its some form of Termi...Deathwing or not I have no idea but it isnt a Grey Knight...the helmet would look very different. I wish we got an Ork Nemesis or barring that Necron (can you tell what armies I play?)...Ork would have been preferable, we have the tyranids for Emperors sake...

EDIT TO ADD: Articifier Armor...thats what it was called.

Edited by ShakeZoola72

But he is still an Ultramarine, whether Tac or Captain armor wise he will have a certain look. That term is not what a Grey Knight term looks like. Paladin terminator armor is identical to standard Grey Knight term armor, which is still different from the other Codex Astartes in look.

If we were still thinking it has to fit the 'theme' for Halls of Terra, setting aside that Space Marines do by default, it could easily be a Deathwatch term.

We're off to see the wizard- the wond- Err I mean... We're off to see the Emperor!

I wasn't expecting holy Terra for the next expansion, but i do like it. I will definatly get it when it gets released.

I'd say the termie isn't Deathwing or Deathwatch. Left arm is all wrong to be Deathwatch. The laurels on his shoulder make me think of another Ultramarine again. Just my personal opinion.

Maybe Imperial Fists. Would make sense as their fortress monastery is on Terra.

Maybe Imperial Fists. Would make sense as their fortress monastery is on Terra.

Ok is not a GK.

But when i mean tactical is not for the helmet is for the shoulder insignia.

I think could be a DA. Being honest i want more nemesis maybe a thousand sons or eldar farseer or tau commander maybe some ork nemesis. New set of enemies like necrons, tau and DE.

**** my wish came through, a side board and not a corner board!!

And the thematic is awesome, really love what this will bring to the already immersive Relic+Nemesis.

Can't wait to put my face in the box and smell it hard...

^Uhmm, that came off so dirty

It almost sounds like you were thinking of a different kind of "box." Haha.

Don't go smelling the Emperor's box! :D