Skirmish Objectives & Non-Sentients

By Fizz, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Last night we played "Leave No Evidence", and we ruled that Nexu (which are Non-Sentient) could deny control of an objective, (since control states you only control it if there are no adjacent hostile figures), but could not score the objective for themselves, nor could they control a terminal for the extra card draw. This made sense thematically, since why would a nexu care about a crate or a terminal when it could easily jump over there and eat a delicious rebel face?

However, after pouring over the RRG, I am not finding anything that specifically states that this is the case, and leads me to believe that Non-Sentient figures can control and score objectives. Which, again, thematically makes little sense due to the aforementioned face-eating opportunities presented to the nexu.

Figure I would toss this out to the community to ruminate over, get the usual suspects in here to poke/plug holes in my logic.

Thoughts?

References:

Nexu card:

nexu-elite.png

"Control", RRG, Page 9
"Mission Tokens", RRG, Page 19

"Interact", RRG, Page 15

I think it is pretty clear. "You cannot interact" means you cannot perform interact action, anything else is go.

Edited by Hatting

well your point of view about nexu makes sense, but the rules are made in a simple way just to not make them more difficult.

nexu's non-sentient ability is clear, it can't interact. Interact is an action. but to control something, you just need to be adjacent, it doesn't require an action. if it requires you to interact with it, then obviously nexu can't control it, but as the rules say that you just need to be adjacent, then nexu is played correctly (i know is really weird, but maybe in future expansions with more rules the game becomes more realistic for things like this). In other scenarios Nexu wouldn't be able to do the same. "Lost Knowledge" "Get to the ship"... you need to "interact" in them

Get To The Ship! is a great example. Turn one, I planted my nexu right on top of the ship (gotta love mobile), just for the sake of denying VP's since you have to interact to flip the token. However, you can still score unflipped tokens that you control since, technically, you dont have to interact with the unflipped token to score it.

I should have been a little more specific in asking "is there something I missed that states otherwise" in my question above...cause I am pretty sure I already knew the answer.

Edited by Fizz

Also, I would argue that non-sentinent being can control things. I there's a tiger in my room, that tiger controls the room