Does the Boba Fett card only capture or does it also kill?

By NerdRulez, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Im curious about the Boba Fett card. It says that it captures unit cards when attacking. Does this mean it only captures cards, or can i actually choose to kill the unit card instead?

If Boba Fett does enough damage to destroy the unit he cannot capture it. If the unit he attacks doesn't die then he can capture it.

Is this a fact becasue im really confused about this card?

Dont I have a choice on wether I capture or damage the unit? Bc as soon as I attack a card it has the ability to capture it.

Okay.

Boba Fett's Reaction reads "After this unit damages a Character unit, capture that unit."

So, when Boba focuses to strike, he always resolves his combat icons and inflicts damage. A unit can't "hold back" and choose not to apply its damage.

After dealing damage, the game checks to see if the damaged unit took enough damage to destroy it. If it did, it's automatically destroyed. Then you have the opportunity to trigger Reactions . So, if the unit is still there, you may trigger Boba's Reaction and capture the unit. If not, Boba's Reaction will have no effect.

Is this a fact becasue im really confused about this card?

Yes. Because it's a Reaction it happens after the damage is done. If the unit has been destroyed he cannot capture it. It is best used on units with larger health values who are also usually larger threats to you.

Thanks bros

As pointed out, but for clarity, you can choose to capture, but if the that damage is dealt destroys the unit there is not opportunity to capture. This is because of the "speed" of his text which reacts to a unit being dealt damage.

It really needs to be errata'd into an interrupt.

It's thematic though. Remember, Fett is the bounty hunter that Vader had to specifically stop and remind "No Disintegrations!"

It is absolutely needed, but is still highly unlikely. The team generally avoids issuing positive errata as setting a precedent for it would encourage player demand for more of the same.

Boba is fine as is. He was miserable for so long because Scum didn't have the support to help his set out. There's now plenty of ways to capture units from play and trigger Bounty collection and his set can be perfect for keeping up a low scum economy.

There are plenty of tricky ways to combo him with Snoova/Dengar's ships or mercenary support. An errata would make him too powerful, the only thing he could use is one more HP but as he is he's still usable.