Des Moines, Iowa - Any Players?

By Simonsays3, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Organized Play

Just a general call to see if there's any players in the Greater Des Moines area. I see the Des Moines Mayhem Comics is often out of stock so somebody is buying but I've yet to see anyone post about it :)

If you're in the Des Moines area and are looking for a game, let me know! Or if there's some kind of league I'm missing, let me know that too!

It doesn't have to just be in Des Moines, Ankeny or even Ames is workable. It's more of a call for players than anything else.

It doesn't have to just be in Des Moines, Ankeny or even Ames is workable. It's more of a call for players than anything else.

There's a pretty active scene in Omaha, NE. Not sure how often you want to make the drive but they had a tourney last month, one a week from tomorrow, and one the last Saturday of the month.

I also am hosting a tourney down here in Kansas City in a month if you want to kill a weekend ;)

Is that actually in Omaha or at the Game Shoppe in Bellevue? I play xwing with the Game Shoppe regulars and its a great crowd :)

I'll have to check on KC. Mayhem in Des Moines is doing their store championship one of those weekends and I'd hate to miss out. Mostly I just don't get it play too often since it's usually just my wife and I - she gets bored beating me so I gotta get my butt kicked elsewhere....

What's the store in KC?

Ha, nvm just saw your tournament post.

it's usually just my wife and I - she gets bored beating me so I gotta get my butt kicked elsewhere....

What's the store in KC?

That's funny stuff, my man.

We've been playing most regularly at The Game Shoppe in Bellevue. There's a Thursday night league that just recently kicked off, so it's the best bet for regular games. That being said, Monday night X-Wing has had some Imperial Assault and some Conquest sneaking in as of late. There are quite a few people playing around here, and I'm assuming there will be even more regular gaming once the 2 new stores open.

Is that actually in Omaha or at the Game Shoppe in Bellevue? I play xwing with the Game Shoppe regulars and its a great crowd :)

I'll have to check on KC. Mayhem in Des Moines is doing their store championship one of those weekends and I'd hate to miss out. Mostly I just don't get it play too often since it's usually just my wife and I - she gets bored beating me so I gotta get my butt kicked elsewhere....

What's the store in KC?

The store is TableTop Game and Hobby in Overland Park, KS. The tourney is Saturday, March 14th at noon.

It's a shameless bump but I'm still hoping to catch some players in the Greater Des Moines Area. I know going into summer free time tends to get precious but I really like this game and would love to meet up with some more regular players.

The previous posts about Omaha and KC were awesome, but that 2-3 hour drive is a tough sell.

If there's anyone close by interested, PM me - it'd be great to play with new people!

Simonsays3,

We will be having a summer tournament down here in KC on Saturday July 11th at 11AM. Registration starts at 10:30. If you're still hard up for some Conquest and you'd like to make a day of it we'd love to have you down!

Tabletop Game & Hobby

6990 W 105th St

Overland Park, KS 66212

(913) 962-4263

I live in Ames and would love to find a group somewhere around as well. But I don't think I've ever seen anyone in Mayhem @ Ames playing any of the FFG LCG's. Just Magic & Pokemon.