few more rules questions, re: cleave+reach, disengage and cunning abilities

By knil, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Just got done with my 3rd session and have a few more questions for anyone kind enough to listen.
  • Does Reach work with Cleave? Can you activate Cleave on a target within range of Reach?
  • When a player has two activation tokens do all his exhausted cards refresh on the 2nd activation?
  • Regarding Han solos Cunning ability, it states "When defending apply +1 block to the defense results for each evade result. Does this convert the evade to +1 block or does it just add more blocks while retaining the evades as well. So If the defense die reads 1 block and 1 evade, with cunning in use it would be 2 blocks and 1 evade or just 2 blocks?
  • Regarding Mak's disengage does it interrupt the turn of the imperials? Say a trooper closes in within 3 spaces and attacks, would Mak get his movement points before the attack or after that attack?

Also Mak has an ability (can't recall name but it was a 3xp ability) that gives him an extra action by taking one strain. I see no reason the player can't activate this every activation, am I missing anything or does Mak basically get three actions for the small cost of 1 strain? This just seems so OP to me.

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

I would say yes you can use Reach and Cleave together. With Reach you can attack a target up to 2 spaces away. With Cleave you just have to be able to choose a different eligible target. IF you can attack it you can cleave it.

Yes. A hero readies all his item an class cards at the beginning of his activation.

Cunning gives you an extra block for each evade. So if the die shows 1 block 1 evade Han would get 2 blocks and 1 evade.

As soon as an Imp figure enters a space within 3 spaces of Mak he must choose to either use Disengage or not. If he decides to use it he will get 3 MP that must be used right away or he looses them. This all happens as an interrupt. Mak gets to finish his move before the Imp figure finishes what he is doing.

Edit: I think the card you are questioning is Expertise and it reads : 1 Strain: Exhaust this card during your activation after you interact. Perform 1 additional action during this activation.

First off you cant strain beyond your limit. So if Mak has 5 strain this card is unusable to him. Also its only after you interact can you use this for the extra action. I could see this card getting good use but its nowhere as good as just getting an extra action.

Edited by stubobj

Just got done with my 3rd session and have a few more questions for anyone kind enough to listen.

• Does Reach work with Cleave? Can you activate Cleave on a target within range of Reach?

Yes, the second target only "must be an eligible target".

• When a player has two activation tokens do all his exhausted cards refresh on the 2nd activation?

"A hero readies all of his Item and Class cards at the start of his activation." Each token is a separate activation.

• Regarding Han solos Cunning ability, it states "When defending apply +1 block to the defense results for each evade result. Does this convert the evade to +1 block or does it just add more blocks while retaining the evades as well. So If the defense die reads 1 block and 1 evade, with cunning in use it would be 2 blocks and 1 evade or just 2 blocks?

There are other figures that have the same ability, do exactly as it reads, the results of your example are 2 blocks and 1 evade.

• Regarding Mak's disengage does it interrupt the turn of the imperials? Say a trooper closes in within 3 spaces and attacks, would Mak get his movement points before the attack or after that attack?

The trigger is "when a hostile figure enters" so yes it would interupt.

Also Mak has an ability (can't recall name but it was a 3xp ability) that gives him an extra action by taking one strain. I see no reason the player can't activate this every activation, am I missing anything or does Mak basically get three actions for the small cost of 1 strain? This just seems so OP to me.

The ability here is Expertise. It is only allowed after he has "interact"ed. So with a console or some similar item on the map. Not just on every turn.

Thank you both for the quick replies. That clears up alot, I definitely see we were using some of these wrong. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions after my next meetup. Thanks again.