Eldritch Horror Companion App

By reynierotero, in General Discussion

I just downloaded it for Android, and I don't see a "Save Game" button. Also, the "Continue" button crashes it.

@Reynier, any chance of your putting the source on GitHub?

Great little app that works well and saves oodles of space. Just one comment, the Expedition deck doesn't save position when I close the app. everytime I reopen it has another location set-up. Otherwise excellent.

First of all, thank you for this app. Without it I can't fit the game and all its components on mt table.

I have a question about how the app handles Expedition Encounters -- or maybe I've mis-interpreted the rules?

When I click on the Expedition Encounter bar, the card shows up; I complete the encounter and tap on the encounter to close it. That takes me back to the main page of the app, but the Expedition Encounter bar still shows the same expedition. (e.g. If it was an Antarctica encounter I completed, the bar still shows Antarctica.)

The way I read the game rules, after completing the encounter, discard the card and move the Expedition counter to the location shown on the back of the top card. The app doesn't change Expedition locations.

Just to check that the "next card" in the app deck, I tapped on the bar, completed the encounter & tapped, multiple times. The bar still shows the same location (the card revealed changes, but is still that location.

Checking the discard pool, shows the Expedition cards that I had 'completed'. The only way to get a new location, is to tap the discard bar next to the Expedition Encounter bar. But that means that expeditions to that location can only happen once in a game?? That's not how I read the rules.

What am I missing?

Thanks again

Tom

That is very odd. I just opened the app and every time I discard a card from the expedition deck it brings up a different location. Did you 'remove' all of the other locations with the remove button?

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what happened, but I just tried mine, and it works like it should.

Sorry for the false alarm, but tanks again for the app and your quick response.

Tom

Is it possible to install and run Eldritch Companion on an Android emulator on Windows? If so, can anyone recommend a good, free emulator and comment on how easy it was to install and set up Eldritch Companion using the emulator? Thanks!

Is it possible to install and run Eldritch Companion on an Android emulator on Windows? If so, can anyone recommend a good, free emulator and comment on how easy it was to install and set up Eldritch Companion using the emulator? Thanks!

Bluestacks is what I use.

As a disclaimer, I haven't tried the Eldritch Companion app on it though (I have no desire to get rid of the cards in EH).

Fenyx and Reynier i like you guys so much!!!!

For me the Arkham Companion is indeed a must have! And now i'm using and loving the Eldritch Companion!