Alternate Character Gen Option

By Janus, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

One immediate thought I had reading the character generation chapter were two additional options for Primary Characteristics generation:

(Alternate Method 4) The GM either rolls 7d10 or designates a number between 28 and 70 to customize the power level and assure even distribution between characters.

Method 5 - The players get the following spread of stat numbers each; 3,5,5,6,7,7,9. Then allow players to move any three points around without going below 2 or above 10.

Any thoughts from other people, or other new options?

The GM Screen has a Method 5, in which the GM can give his players a pool of points for generating Characteristics on a 1:1 ratio, with the exception of purchasing a 10 in an attribute, which costs 2 points.

The base is 55, with 45 suggested for a low powered game, and 65 for a high end game.

Malckuss said:

The GM Screen has a Method 5, in which the GM can give his players a pool of points for generating Characteristics on a 1:1 ratio, with the exception of purchasing a 10 in an attribute, which costs 2 points.

The base is 55, with 45 suggested for a low powered game, and 65 for a high end game.

That's my favorite one ^^ 55 works well

Malckuss said:

Aha! See, I haven't seen the GM Screen yet. Thank you for the info!

The GM screen is not out yet in english, only in spanish and french. There's nothing out in english but the corebook.

And, as an information, in other langages there are :

GM screen with a booklet (adventure inside)

Gaia vol 1 (worldbook about the old continent only and others background stuff as religions, history etc.)

Ki Dominions (book about Ki, only in spanish)

In preparation : Those who walked among with us (translation of the spanish name), a book about monsters and supernatural beings.

That sounds just like the kind of stuff I want to be buying for a tabletop RPG. Thank you again for sharing info with the items already overseas, and I look forward to seeing them in the English market soon gran_risa.gif