Ku,Garth Ya or Na

By rowbo92, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Strategy

im trying a 55 card deck see how it goes if its not great ill drop 5 cards that i think havent cut the mustard and see how it goes from there. thanx for the insight tho, seems to be a great community for this game.

Let us know how it pans out for you. I think I speak for everybody in saying that a great game only deserves a great community.

At most there will be 10 turns in the game (10 planets) so you must draw and use 5 cards every turn to get through a 50 card deck. The chance of getting to a 55th or 60th card is actually pretty slim. That does not make it a bad idea to have extra cards, it just means there are cards in your deck that you will, in all likely hood, never get to.

I do tend more towards 53-55 in my decks

At most there will be 10 turns in the game (10 planets) so you must draw and use 5 cards every turn to get through a 50 card deck. The chance of getting to a 55th or 60th card is actually pretty slim. That does not make it a bad idea to have extra cards, it just means there are cards in your deck that you will, in all likely hood, never get to.

I do tend more towards 53-55 in my decks

Ehm, 7 turns would be more correct though (10 planets indeed but stop at 7)?

Anyway, I usually end up using 51 cards and I think 53 is the real max. Also note that not every card possible for the deck is actually needed for specific Warlord Strategies.

I've only come to close to decking myself once, maybe twice. One of my regular opponents got down to his last two cards because he wasn't paying attention to the amount he was drawing lol, but the game ended before we got past that anyway. But yeah, it's quite rare, even with decks optimised for card drawing. I find that you go through bursts of getting loads of cards, but then it either dies down or the game ends.

I'm trying to keep to 50 card decks... strayed over to 52 before, but I generally dislike doing so if I can help it. So many good cards I want to include though :( and it's getting harder with the new packs.

Totally agree with you, altough again going to 53 max can be worth something. It all depends on your deck plans!

I think in you are decking yourself there could be a problem with your command deployment. The problem is that command struggles are just as important to deny as they are to win. I've nearly decked myself a few times, but even so I also won the games that time pretty easily. Unfortunately the game speed seams to be increasing, but as a side effect I think the self decking will not be that much of a problem.

Im finding 55 cards to be fine so far and i seem to getting what i need in hand most of the time, but im finding some cards just airnt worth having in the deck so ill be removing a few and maybe replacing them, ill see.

Excellent, my suggestion would be to drop a few instead.

Excellent, my suggestion would be to drop a few instead.

Im starting to agree with everyone on this, im going to go with 50 card deck, also solul grinders and hell drakes are they worth having

Dont go to heavy on either of them. How nice Y'varn is, you won't always see it around when it matters ;) . I generally advice Chaos players to first stay away from them OR include on of the two instead of both.

So this is the deck that im going to give a crack.

Ku'Gath Plaguefather

Ku'Gaths nurglilngs x 4

Fetid haze x 2

Vile laboratory x 1

The plaguefathers banner x 1

Vicious bloodletter x 3

Virulent plague squad x 3

Burna boyz x 3

Death guard infantry x 3

Xavaes split toung x 1

rotten plague barers x 3

Hertek inventor x 3

Splintered path acolyte x 3

Void pirate x 3

Nurgling bomb x 3

Tzeench's fire storm x 3

Promis of glory x 3

Dire mutation x 3

Ork kannon x 2 ( i realy want 3 of these but i cant find some one who will trade or give me one or at least buy it off ).

Looks like a good start to me, altough I would change the following:

- Death guard infantry to Khorne Berzerker

- Virulent plague squad to Warpstorm

i was going for as much nurgle as possible because nurgling bomb doesnt effect them but like always i will take your advice into account and thanks again for the advice

Edited by rowbo92

i was going for as much nurgle as possible because nurgling bomb doesnt effect them but like always i will take your advice into account and thanks again for the advice

Yeah, but Nurgling Bomb might be just what you need for those Khorne Berserkers. That extra damage from brutal can be... ah... brutal.

I do understand but in all honesty Nurgle Bomb is best used for lategame and sometimes (for Ku'gath in special) doesn't do incredible things. Where with Zarathur the damage is increased etc etc

Look at it from this way, your signature cards and Warlord are allready immume to Nurgle Bomb, that can be enough.

ok you have convinced me lol, thanks for all the help guys, ill let you know how it goes :)

i added in the 3 warp storm and 3 berserkers and i must say the warp storm helped me when i was in a pinch and the berserker worked well with all the nurgle take damage just because you airnt nurgle lol