Ku,Garth Ya or Na

By rowbo92, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Strategy

im looking at playing a solo chaos deck, just wondering on wether Ku,garth is a good choice or go with Zarathur.

Big fat Ya to Ku'gath, in special if your looking for a "Solo" Chaos deck. Altough I don't fully know what you mean with solo I presume it means you are able to put down your Warlord on planets that contain some forces of your opponent as oppossed to no forces on your side.

Unlike Zarathur, Ku'gath is very able to thake things on his own, provided the opposition is mainly X/1 or X/2, in which case his ATK and ability are more than sufficient to thake the opponent down.

Because of Ku'gath's Solo style I feel overall he's better equiped for dealing with Top Tier decks as oppossed to Zarathur.

Do note that Zarathur still wins the damage race if that is to your liking. The main cards that make Ku'gath so powerfull are his Attachment, Events and Support (altough offcourse his Nurglings can help). Zarathur on the other side gains most power from his Flamers (altough offcourse his Support helps a lot to, his Event and Attachment are way less exciting).

There is only one real thing to watch when playing Ku'gath, watch out where the Nurglings go. They can be used against you if not deployed well as much as you try to use them against your opponent. This isn't always favourable. And while 1 does not hurt to much, 2 begin to add up, the mirror also is a misarable match...

The two factions (besides Ferrin, the planet) who can route your units currently are Dark Eldar (Archon's Terror) and Astra Militarum (Inquisitorial Fortress).

Strenghts of Ku'gath:

- Dealing with X/1 or X/2 bodies

- Can deploy as a single Warlord very well (making him very Flexible)

- Can attrition to the extreme due to Fetid Haze (which can win you a battle quite easily, watch out for Eldar's Nullify)

Weaknesses of Ku'gath

- Still Chaos, can't cope with Dark Eldar Choke all to well (no form of card drawing)

- Nurglings can be used against you when routed

- The mirror is a hell (but not a huge overall weakness)

His main strenght over Zarathur is his flexability and attrition options with Fetid Haze. Zarathur's Flamers and Shrine are great, his Infernal Gateway and Attachment less so. Ku'gath's Banner, Lab and Haze are incredible cards, his Nurglings can be used against you.

Hope this helped.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Something I've found from but a week of gaming with him is Ku'Gath, with banner, in Turn 1 = GG

Edited by Keffisch

Sorry by solo i meant no allys in the deck just pure chaos

my bad

Sorry by solo i meant no allys in the deck just pure chaos

my bad

Still is better to have some parts of allience cards in there, however so far Ork Kannon by itself seems like enough of an allience... I do recommand the use of Ork Kannon however as it allows you to instantly use Ku'gath's ability on initiative, while effectively upping your strategy against a multitude of X/1 or X/2 bodies (which the game currently has a whole lot of).

Here is my suggested list:

- Flesh Hounds will be replaced by Gleefull Plague Beasts when they are available.

- You could potentially drop the Ork Kannon's for Nurgling Bombing altough the synergy between Ork Kannon and Ku'gath is crazy good. Feel free to drop the Burna Boyz, they feel like place holders anyway.

- Feel free to include some Heldrakes or Soul Grinders along the way, people have mixed opinions about them.

I can only say the above deck has worked really well for me so far. To top it off, it only includes 12 non-Chaos cards, 5 Ork, 6 Neutral.

Something I've found from but a week of gaming with him is Ku'Gath, with banner, in Turn 1 = GG

Yes, it's another reason why I feel Ku'gath is much better set up for the meta we now have.

Zarathur is able to burn all kinds of things heavily but A "Tactical Squad Cardinis" would be exactly what Zarathur wants in order to go fully up in Tier. Plague Bearers are close, but not the same.

Edited by Killax

Heretek Inventor i cant seem to see why this is so used, im very curious why

Edited by rowbo92

also how does fire storm work

It's a 3/3 body, it can be placed by your opponent but can be considerd to be one of the most powerfull plays turn 1, deployment 1. The body means a Warlord can't always fight on the planet where he is present. Some planets allow you to move it and if it get's routed it's all in your favour.

Granted the card does little in the midgame, it is very powerfull turn 1 and 5+.

Firestorm is just your 2 Shield card and opposing unit remover. It allows you to dominate when your running ahead on resources aswell.

It's a 3/3 body, it can be placed by your opponent but can be considerd to be one of the most powerfull plays turn 1, deployment 1. The body means a Warlord can't always fight on the planet where he is present. Some planets allow you to move it and if it get's routed it's all in your favour.

Granted the card does little in the midgame, it is very powerfull turn 1 and 5+.

Firestorm is just your 2 Shield card and opposing unit remover. It allows you to dominate when your running ahead on resources aswell.

so the X means you pay whatever amount of resources you want and it does that amount of damage in return.

so the X means you pay whatever amount of resources you want and it does that amount of damage in return.

Yes, you pay X resources to deal X. Alternatively, you use it as 2 shields when damage is assigned to one of your unit.

Yes, you pay X resources to deal X. Alternatively, you use it as 2 shields when damage is assigned to one of your unit.

cool only reason for so manny questions is that im realy new and am finding it hard to get lessons and pracice games lol im guessing sheilds soak up incomming damage at the planet the card is on.

No worries, thats why this forum is here.

No worries, thats why this forum is here.

thanx for all the help its given me a good idea of were i should start

With dire mutation can you attach that to an enemy unit

Yep, another awnser to X/1 or X/2 body but also X/3 body overtime.

Yep, another awnser to X/1 or X/2 body but also X/3 body overtime.

Thought so i like that card even more now. Another reason i want to go pure chaos is to see if i can do well without having alied help may be a bad idea but i think ill give it a try see how it goes then try other combos. im a bit of a chaos fanatic, i like kicking arse with nothing but help from dark gods lol. still open to other faction help i like the idea of dark eldar support. they may go better with zathura tho, not sure

Hey you can go almost full Chaos no problem. Just keep un the Ork Kannons, in all honesty its to good to skip.

Quick question a deck can be more than 50 cards right, is there anything wrong with a 55 to 65 card deck.

Quick question a deck can be more than 50 cards right, is there anything wrong with a 55 to 65 card deck.

Correct. 50 is just the minimum number of cards. You'd have to define "wrong". Bigger decks are not as consistant as smaller decks, so I would say that they are not competitive. If that means that they are "wrong" then so be it.

so putting 5 or 10 extras can be considered a bad move in some instances.

The more cards in your deck the less chance that the card you need is going to be the next draw. It is not bad but most players at the tournament level try to keep that ratio or chance of getting a card out of the deck and into your hand as high as possible. There will be, at the extreme top, only 10 turns in a game so you would have to draw and use 5 new cards every turn and have the game last to the final planet to use an entire 50 card deck.

so putting 5 or 10 extras can be considered a bad move in some instances.

Well it isn't always bad but it isn't needed as explained above me. Which in turn pays of when working with a maximized (3x same cards with same name) limited pool (50 card deck) for a competative setting.

Certain cards also hold less "value (have less strategic options)" as opposed to others. Often these cards are not worth it to include unless you enjoy the randomness the game can offer you.

Edited by Killax

Allready decided on your deck saint1012?

Allready decided on your deck saint1012?

Oh, I have two decks - Imperial Guard w/ Space Marine allies and Chaos (Zarathur) w/ Dark Eldar. I'd say my Imperial Guard are more consistant, but Chaos is more fun.

im trying a 55 card deck see how it goes if its not great ill drop 5 cards that i think havent cut the mustard and see how it goes from there. thanx for the insight tho, seems to be a great community for this game.