Stats for a custom vehicle

By DieVorhut, in Only War Game Masters

One of my players asked for a gun carriage for his heavy bolter (he is not exactly the strongest of people) so he didn't have to be encumbered. After rolling and him getting both a carriage and a shield, he asked if the carriage could be made into a vehicle. Without any hesitation I said yes. While the squad already have a Chimera, I was wondering what i could give them for when the chimera is unavailable. And so, i came up with this!

33bo2eh.jpg

*not sure if this link will work or if it breaks any TOUs and if it does, I apologise and will gladly remove it*

I used the German SdKfz 2 as Inspiration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SdKfz_2

Now, I have never made a vehicle of my own before and was wondering if you could help me with the stats of it.

So far, i have come up with:

Type: Tracked Vehicle
Tactical Speed: 5 m
Cruising Speed: 30 kph
Manoeuvrability: +0
Structural Integrity: 10
Size: Hulking
Armour: Front 10 (+4 from the Gun Shield), Side 10, Rear 10
Vehicle Traits: Amphibious, Open Topped, Rugged, Tracked Vehicle
Crew: 1 driver. Driver is also a gunner

Carrying Capacity: 4 Imperial Guardsmen or wargear (200kg)

Looks good. I'll take two for me and my boys. =P

A bit like the old British Bren Gun Carrier from WW2

will it have turn signals ?

I forgot about the Bren Carrier. So yeah, I completely ripped it off without knowing.

Do the stats seem OK? Not too much armour? Too fast? And the most important question is:

Do you think it will fit in the back of a chimera?

reminds me of a Loyd Carrier

but the armor rating of the rear is bit high might drop it to 6 and sides to 8

and the cruising down to 20kph

a.jpg

as for will it fit in the back of chimera, I don't think so

This would fit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Military_M274_Truck,_Platform,_Utility_1/2_Ton,_4X4

100_0454.136205434_std.JPG

given I seen them roll out of copters, but they have like no armor

Edited by Angel of Death

That works, thank you.

That looks pretty cool.

I would make the armor heavier since it is open topped. It also looks like it would take up at least 5 seats in a chimera unless that chimera was specifically to fit this little guy.

follow up on the my other model, see that will fit

ttaylor02.jpg

Unloading a TOW Anti-tank Missile mounted on an M-274 Mechanical Mule from a Huey (UH-1H) slick.

and something like this is not another "full armored" vehicle but more a mobile fire point, kinda how these were used by US military.

now not looking at how vehicle are put together, but here is this try with a limited armored protection:

Overton Burden Carrier

Type: Wheeled Vehicle
Tactical Speed: 5 m
Cruising Speed: 25 kph
Manoeuvrability: +5
Structural Integrity: 5
Size: Hulking
Armour: Front 8 (+4 from the Gun Shield), Side 6, Rear 4
Vehicle Traits: Amphibious, Open Topped, Rugged, Wheeled Vehicle
Crew: 1 driver. Driver is also a gunner

Carrying Capacity: 4 Imperial Guardsmen or wargear (200kg)

I like it! I do like the idea of it taking up slots in the chimera. Though, that could be a problem with a squad size of twelve. So the thing is pretty much full.

You can have comrades ride on top of the chimera, particularly as infantry screen, unless you're rolling along underwater given the vehicle's amphibious nature. Done that before in a swamp actually, we were near completely submerged but not quite enough so to cover us, so my Sergeant poked out of the top of the Chimera with his Heavy Bolter and Kraken Bolts.

Good spot. Aren't there already stats for one in the RPG? If not, I could make some readily enough if someone can tell me the FW ones.

Edit - So yeah, I went and found the Centaur stats. Would make an awesome alternative for a Mechanised Regiment to give a squad two or three of them. Would make for a more tactical game than a single Chimera.

Edited by SgtLazarus

That looks awesome! Much more interesting than the Chimera.