Just a ability clarification about Caprica Six and Doc

By [email protected], in Battlestar Galactica

Just played a game over VASSAL and in one situation a Caprica Six player used his possitive ability (Intimate - movement) on himself.

Is this lega,really???

For me it's look like that Doc Cottle can also use his TREATMENT - ACTION skill on himsefl.

Can someone clarify this?

My instict is "No, they can't do that." You can not draw a card you already have (in your hand), nor can you give yourself cards you already have. Sounds like "I am clever with words" play.

Not sure I can back this up, and it wouldn't be the first time FF has surprised me with an "of course you can we thought it was obvious!"

Part of my "Why not" is I don't really see that it "breaks" anything in the intent of the action... the same number of cards come into play, just to the same person.

If they did it in my game, I call them a cylon and airlock them. But then, I find all kinds of crazy reasons to wanna airlock other players. (But never me).

I ended up asking FFG, because a BGG thread the concensus was that you COULD target yourself.

Zach responded in part:

The Intimate ability should ideally read “Draw 1 Skill Card at random from another player’s hand…”
The Treatment ability should ideally read “Choose another human player and draw 2 Skill Cards from his skill set…”
This issue will likely need to be addressed in the next FAQ update, but feel free to play these abilities either way until then.