Not sure I'm getting the Urgency command card.

By El_Tonio, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

It says for one of my two actions I can get +2 movement points.

So, let's say my speed is 4. I can use one action to move 4, and then my second action to move 4. Or, I can use my first action to do Urgency, and then use my second action to move 6 points. Why would I do this? After reading about movement points in the RRG, it seems it is not allowing you to move 6 on one of your actions and 4 on the other. Or, am I missing or misunderstanding something?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

You're misunderstanding. You get a number of MP equal to Speed +2

It says for one of my two actions I can get +2 movement points.

So, let's say my speed is 4. I can use one action to move 4, and then my second action to move 4. Or, I can use my first action to do Urgency, and then use my second action to move 6 points. Why would I do this? After reading about movement points in the RRG, it seems it is not allowing you to move 6 on one of your actions and 4 on the other. Or, am I missing or misunderstanding something?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

You're misunderstanding. You get a number of MP equal to Speed +2

What it means is as follows:

Let's assume that you need to get out of somewhere in one heck of a hurry. Luckily you have the Urgency cad in hand. So you play it and as the first action you now have 4 + 2 Movement points. As your 2nd action you also choose Movement but this time you "just" gain the normal 4. But in total you now have a total of 10 Movement points to spend. Now time to get going

Basically Urgency adds 2 Movement points to your Movement action but only to 1 (one) of them. You are free to take a different action for your second action.

Edited by Forensicus