Do doors/terminals count as 'figures'?

By Texx, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

I was trying to look through the book, but didn't see a definite answer (I may have just missed it of course). For certain abilities (like the XP upgrade for the Wookie charge) that call out 'figures', do they work on terminals and doors? I think the book refers to them as 'tokens' not specifically 'figures', but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't work. I've been assuming it doesn't work. Following that, if a terminal or door suffers strain (like the scatterguns from the Trandoshans), does it suffer an extra hit instead or is the strain wasted? I've been assuming the strain doesn't work on objects.

I don't have the books in front of me, but I can check later tonight.

Thanks!

1) Objects are not figures. Abilities that refer to "figures" cannot be used on objects. An ability that refers to a "target", however, can affect an object.

2) Objects cannot suffer strain, nor can they suffer conditions such as stun or bleed.

References:

"Objects" RRG, Page 20.

"Attacking Objects" RRG Page 6.

Edited by Fizz

Thanks Fizz, you da man :)

No prob! Love answering rules questions as it keeps my eidetic memory and rules lawyering muscles in shape, while at the same time helping out the community with accuracy and references for your own use.

Personally, when answering rules questions, I believe everyone should leave book/page references so you know where to find it next time!

Personally, when answering rules questions, I believe everyone should leave book/page references so you know where to find it next time!

Indeed, and it is a thing that all game forums would benefit from.

I do not like that vader can't use the force on a door / object. I know he has force choke but really... he smashes and flings objects around all the time.

I do not like that vader can't use the force on a door / object. I know he has force choke but really... he smashes and flings objects around all the time.

That's the problem of reading rules as written, and not playing with a bit of common sense if they don't feel right or possibly as the rule was (possibly) intended.

In one mission Vader gains a special action to open doors at range.