Questions after couple of games

By Dr Tak, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

One of my friend who work for a gaming store loan me a copy to try out... so I was wondering if I should buy this game.

I just played a couple of tutorial and aftermatch mission as the IP and we had questions about the game.

I appologize if it's somewhere in the rules... I tried to find most of the answers, but it's still 2 books to go through without going over something.

we where 3 players, so both player had the legendary card.

Question 1: since we have no idea about the other scenario, we were wondering if the rebel players could just "always rush" the objectives without killing the imperials... 1st go at aftermatch, they took 3 turn to open the door while i kept reinforcing my stormtrooper card... and then the player who was playing the jedi just open the door, got seriously injured by the e-web blaster, but still managed to destroy all the consoles whitout killing anything else beside the e-web...

So basically... will this always be the "best way" to win for rebels ( i'm just wondering about the longivity of the game if players always end up doing the same strategy (basically the same problem with game like pandemic and Camelot)

Question 2: yes you can rush the consoles... but do you really have time to open the chests?

Question 2-1: if the 1st player finishes the objective... do you finish the turn? hence letting other players open chests, etc...

Question 3: is there a way for the IP to block a path whitout putting 2 miniatures deep or can the hero just spend more movement to just go through?

Question 4: I'm sure it's in the rules... but do other miniatures block line of sight?

Question5: in your personnal opinion... after doing the campaign a couple of time... what is the replay value of the game?

Thank for your time

note... I wish it had been a warhammer 40k game... i do prefer it to starwars

The majority of these are not rules questions. This is the wrong forum for game strategy.

But yes figures block line of sight. Yes models can move through each other. And missions end when the proper condition is met, they do not wait.

is it possible to switch the post?

I'd just start a new one for your non-rules concerns. You are unlikely to get much input for them in here as it is for rules issues.

There are also other posts discussing your issues if you wanted to browse those.