FFG, i would love some blank Talisman cards.

By volcarthe, in Talisman

as a cheap expansion ($5-ish range).

just a few blank spell, item, encounter, and character cards would be lovely.

thanks.

It's a nice thought, but I doubt it would be cost effective for FFG.

I'll be buying a couple of the upgrade packs just to use to make some home made stuff like I did with the original 4th Edition.

you'd be surprised. SJG includes about four blanks in every munchkin pack and expansion.

Fluxx sells a pack of blanks for relatively cheap, too.

Yeah there's usually space left on the print sheets, i.e. the number of cards printed don't add up to the number of cards possible from each sheet, so that's a great opportunity to get some blank cards. Making money off of stuff that would most likly go into the trash :)

I kind of would like sheets that i could print off from my computer printer but the backs look just like the standard cards.

good idea. i hope ffg is takeing notes from all of us. they better perform/deliver, ive been waiting a long time for talisman to get the attation it deserves.

talismanisland said:

I'll be buying a couple of the upgrade packs just to use to make some home made stuff like I did with the original 4th Edition.

That's a great idea!!!

I was going to get the whole new edition but I'll probably pick up a replacement pack just for fan expansions.

If you can Photoshop (hmm, when did that become a verb?) or use some other adequate graphics program, you can certainly produce custom cards. For personal use, this seems fine, though it might be questionable to distribute them even for free. Don't think we've heard FFG's official stance on this, though fan made additions to other Talisman editions are now well known to most long time players. At one time there was a blank for 4th edition Character cards floating around, though it was for the unrevised edition.

Purchased Indie games where you print materials yourself have the advantage of all materials being run off on the same printer. It's not the same with pre-printed production quality materials. It is doubtful FFG will produce blank cards, so creating from scratch or forking out for an upgrade to paste over seem the only ways to go.

Does anyone know the specific type of card stock that the 4th edition card were printed on???