Seneschal Special Ability

By TheHobo, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

"The Seneschal may spend a Fate Point to automatically succeed at any Ciphers, Lore, or Logic Test."

What if other characters are assisting the Seneschal with said Test? Would said Seneschal still add one Degree of Success per assisting character, or would they simply not be able to assist at all (since no roll is actually being made)?

"In addition, the Seneschal adds one bonus Degree of Success to any successful Commerce, Inquiry, or Evaluate Test."

What if the Seneschal is assisting a different character with said Test (I don't know why the Seneschal wouldn't be the one rolling for any of those skills, but for the sake of argument...)? Let's say the Seneschal is the only person assisting; would the character making the roll add 1 Degree of Success for having someone assist, or 2 because someone is assisting and that someone happens to be a Seneschal applying the Seeker of Lore bonus to an appropriate skill Test?

What say you, elegan/t g/entlemen?

Edited by TheHobo

"The Seneschal may spend a Fate Point to automatically succeed at any Ciphers, Lore, or Logic Test."

What if other characters are assisting the Seneschal with said Test? Would said Seneschal still add one Degree of Success per assisting character, or would they simply not be able to assist at all (since no roll is actually being made)?

I would not allow them to assist, because the Seneschal isn't rolling anything, they're relying on the whimsical nature of Fate to have them, and only them, suddenly have a flash of insight about this solution.

"In addition, the Seneschal adds one bonus Degree of Success to any successful Commerce, Inquiry, or Evaluate Test."

What if the Seneschal is assisting a different character with said Test (I don't know why the Seneschal wouldn't be the one rolling for any of those skills, but for the sake of argument...)? Let's say the Seneschal is the only person assisting; would the character making the roll add 1 Degree of Success for having someone assist, or 2 because someone is assisting and that someone happens to be a Seneschal applying the Seeker of Lore bonus to an appropriate skill Test?

This one seems a little weirder, but I'd also say no. The Seneschal isn't making a test, they're standing around making finger guns for the person who is actually testing. Since they're giving Assistance and not Testing, no bonus would be applied.