no amazon kindle fire support!!!???? for app

By crow-flash, in XCOM: The Board Game

If so what a big mistake. Side loading can be very buggy and not work sometimes.

No support for what?

The app is not on the amazon app store for the kindle.

Edited by crow-flash

Well, each additional platform they try to support adds significant time to development of the software. Everything needs to be re-tested on each new platform to make sure it still works.

FFG is not a software development company, so I imagine their software department is somewhat limited in size. As such, they needed to prioritize which platforms they were going to support for this app.

(Also keep in mind that every major browser needs to be tested independently as well, and they did say the app would be available online for the benefit of people without smartphones. So that's easily 4 to 10 "platforms" between Windows, Mac OS X and Linux alone. Then on top of that, you start adding handhelds.)

I'm guessing e-Readers in general were among the first to hit the cutting room floor.

It's not compatible with my Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD or my old laptop that doesn't support Shader 2.0. Guess I'll have to stick with the video game.

How about using a standard PC or MAC?

The .exe file can be downloaded.

A 20$ old second hand computer would do the job of running this app.

It's not compatible with my Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD or my old laptop that doesn't support Shader 2.0. Guess I'll have to stick with the video game.

Your old laptop can't download an updated web browser?

It works like a champ on my Fire HDX.