Roleplaying Warhammer Fantasy

By Malleas Bane, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

I've already been convinced that Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition is the game for me. More so than 3rd Edition.

But I would like to know what else, if anything, I'll need. Background isn't all that important, since my roleplaying will be post-End Times, if that helps.

This is what I'd like:

NPC "Bad Guys"

Skaven:

Clan Eshen Assassin Lord

Clan Eshen Assassins

Clan Pestilence Lord

Clan Pestilence Grey Seer

Clan Pestilence Plague Monks

Clan Pestilence Plague Censer Bearers

Clan Pestilence Poisoned Wind Globadiers

Beastmen:

Bullgor

Shaman

Gors

Centigors

Minotaurs

Chaos:

Undivided Prince

Undivided Furies

Undead:

Varghulf

Fell Bats

Bat Swarms

Vargheists (big batmen)

Necromancer

Wraiths

Skeletons

Skeleton Horses

Zombies

(I might have a PC who starts off human but ends up a Srigoi and eventually a Varghulf)

Ghouls

Mummies

There might be other things but those are the most important. Perhaps some monsters like the huge spider the forest gobbos have and Chimeras, most likely a dragon.

PC

Humans mostly. Perhaps Elves and Dwarves. Warrior Priest. Light, Life and Death Wizards possibly.

They might get help from Giant Eagles or Pegasus. Won't rule out a Griffon.

Oh and possibly some treemen and dryads.

Think that covers the wish list. Look forward to your replies.

Just a funny thought:

On the Dark Heresy 2nd Edition forum I posted a topic about using DH2nd to play fantasy, with some tweaks and house rules. Got lots of replies and was convinced that Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying 2nd was a good buy for me.

I post here, on the Warhammer Fantasy forum to find out what else I'd need and get silence.

Not complaining, just thought it was funny.

Perhaps Warhammer Fantasy has died and I'm now talking to myself.

Now to serious:

It has occurred to me to wait until the new Warhammer is out. Lots of rumours about it, but I'm not going to plan too much until I know for certain.

My hope is that FFG might create a Warhammer Fantasy roleplaying game set in whatever world (or bubbles) 9th brings. Of course, the End Times might just be a bit of fun and the new Warhammer is just the same.

Either way, I hope 9th gets some excitement back. It's getting very heated in the rumour blogs right now. Got really bummed out yesterday which goes against my usual enthusiastic, optimistic happy.

Will check back from time to time to see if FFG release any new fantasy. Otherwise I might have to give the RPG side of the hobby a miss.

Or invent my own.

I think their are two reasons why you've not received any replies.

Firstly, this forum is for WFRP3. There are probably some people who are familiar with WFRP2, but generally the people who are still hanging around here are WFRP3 fans. WFRP1 and WFRP2 fans are more likely to be over at the Strike to Stun forums.

Secondly, the End Times and post End Time rumours are generally going down like a lead balloon among WFRP fans of any edition, so I'm guessing that very few people are interested in discussing that potential setting. The general feeling is that the WFRP setting most of us love is already dead, and that GW is just salting the earth to make sure it stays that way.

Cheers

Sparrow

Keep in mind, you also posted specifically that you wanted to roleplay the setting using the 2nd edition rules. The setting is, for all intents and purposes, nearly identical in both rulesets. Most pertinent questions for the 3rd edition forum are going to be be related to its unique ruleset. If you wanted to ask a question about the setting and roleplaying in it, you didn't have to preface it by saying "oh and by the way I'm not using the third edition rules."

If you want to actually compare the forums, go into the second edition forum and make a post about how you're going to run third edition and want advice on roleplaying in it.

Comments from new people saying that they're playing second edition come across more as snide digs at the game that the people on this forum really like.

EDIT:

Realized that you said DH2 forums, not wfrp forums. I misread it as you trying to do some edition warring. Still, you seemed to be asking for ways to stay NPCs in WFRP 2nd edition. That's a question for a forum about wfrp 2nd edition. Try the striketostun forums, or the wfrp forum on reddit. They have more people who know second edition. This board is basically the only active one about third edition, so people try to reserve the topic to that edition.

Edited by Nimsim

I wasn't vising these forums at the time and so I'm curious... how long after the release of 3rd Edition did the 2nd Edition forum go bye-bye? I'm just wondering when / if the same fate will befall the 1st Edition Dark Heresy forum.

Edited by Vorzakk