First!

By Maelora, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

That was ridiculously juvenile for a 45 year old woman, actually...

Still, new forum and stuff. Pregenerated characters and another dice set!

Looks good.

Bound to help people who are struggling to come up with an idea as to why a bunch of Force-sensitives are chumming around the galaxy together in the original movie era.

Edited by Maelora

Not a fan of the Coloring but they started that in the Beta book. I was hoping it would get less ugly.

Make sure if you haven't yet, get a cheap laminator and some full page Laminating sheets.

Also when they release the PDFs for extra characters make sure to get them printed as well.

I did this with my AoR and EotE sets and they keep really well when laminated.

If you haven't used a laminator I recommend printing something out and testing how it works before using something you want to preserve.

That is my general "keep these happy for the future" kind of advice for Beginner games.

Edited by fatedtodie

Looks like a great reason to add more dice to my ongoing Star Wars games. Heh!

Will likely make a nice read as well.

SQUEEEEEEEE!

new map! ..oh nom nom..

Edited by Atraangelis

Do you cut the pregen characters along the seam and laminate them?

Looks great! Really looking forward to this and the supplements to follow.

Link for those interested.

Looks like a good excuse to pick up a 5th set of dice. Although, that means my dice will not be evenly divisible, so I guess I'll then have to get a 6th.

I first remove the staples, then use a cheapo paper cutter I got. I then also use the paper cutter to cut a small portion off the edge just in case.

The sleeves to get is usually the 3mm kind as it seems to work great. I picked up all 3 parts (the Laminator/ Paper Cutter / sleeves for under 50 bucks on Amazon.

If you have any questions about links/model numbers/etc about laminating these I am more than happy to help. Probably best to PM me or start another thread for it.

Edited by fatedtodie

I had resolved not to buy this. I certainly don't need another beginner game or more dice. But it's so SHINY.

I tend to use the poor man's laminator, which is plastic sleeves with a three-hole slot. I hadn't considered cutting the portfolios but it's really the only way, isn't it...

Can't wait! Amy online games?! Lol!!!!

This is the rpg release I have been waiting for before buying any.

I'm gonna need a bigger dice box.

I find I must respond to this topic for the same highly mature reasons Maelora started it. :lol:

Also, I really am interested in what story hook they used to get a half-dozen force sensitives / young jedi in one place during the dark times. I suppose I need to consult with my regular group and find out who's turn it is to buy the beginner's box.

Also, I really am interested in what story hook they used to get a half-dozen force sensitives / young jedi in one place during the dark times.

I'm equally intrigued with the character selection, and what it says about the tone of the game.

Kel Dor Sentinel with a lightsaber and Force Move. They make a pretty big deal out of this. He's a classic Jedi for sure.

Togruta Seeker with some sort of long gun. Pretty clearly not a Jedi. I'd guess an Antarian Ranger, or one of those other Republican paramilitary groups. A really interesting choice...

Zabrak Mystic whose defining trait is "mysterious". This just screams "alternate Force tradition"! Dathomiri witch is a little too obvious, but the Beginner Games haven't exactly been subtle thus far in their casting.

Human Guardian. Shown with a lightsaber on the cover, but it's green like the Kel Dor's, and I doubt they'd have two lightsabers in the party be the same color. Since he's right next to her in the image without his own, despite it being the focus of his description, that's probably his. I'd say these two are "master" and apprentice; air quotes because he was probably only a Padawan during Order 66 and she a Youngling, which in a way makes it even cooler!

If I'm right, there's only one lightsaber and one or two "overt" Force Powers between the four characters, which will both spread out the abilities of the group and reinforce the tone of the Dark Times. The group isn't as flashy as four straight-up Jedi might be, and I really appreciate that FFG is keeping a tight hold on the reins for this one.

Is it me, or does the art keep getting better and better? Is that even possible? SWRPG is by far my favorite RPG at the moment, and the art just makes me fall in love with the game over and over again. <3

The library of artwork is incredible. if i want to create an NPC and need a picture, just flick open a random book and ill probably find something. its great

For the beginner game, if they include a character starting out with a Lightsaber, I would expect it to be a training saber. But I've been wrong before.

For the beginner game, if they include a character starting out with a Lightsaber, I would expect it to be a training saber. But I've been wrong before.

Training Lightsaber seems like a fair bet. From what little I can make out from the open character folio, it looks like it's along the lines of the other Beginner Games; slightly boosted, but still roughly what you can make with a normal, non-Knight Level, character. Looks like the boost here is in the form of each character getting slightly upgraded Force Powers (bottom right corner, next to the skills).

Human Guardian. Shown with a lightsaber on the cover, but it's green like the Kel Dor's, and I doubt they'd have two lightsabers in the party be the same color. Since he's right next to her in the image without his own, despite it being the focus of his description, that's probably his.

There's actually a bit of a green glow that's shining onto her clothes and face that matches the more vibrant color of the lightsaber on the box. I suspect the Zabrak's open folio is just covering her lightsaber.

When? When? Will they take my money?

Have to admit I'm interested even if I'm hoping the pre-gens are as great as they look!

I wonder if the map will be of the shrine of this hermit or maybe we'll see floor plans for the G-Rigger or another spaceship?

Either way well worth the price to find out.

So anyone care to bet they'll introduce an Inquisitor or ISB Agents in that module?

That was ridiculously juvenile for a 45 year old woman, actually...

I'm 45 and still have never got a First in. So I applaud you for tossing off your mature restraints and giving it a go!

Haha, I'm not terribly mature actually! :) But yeah, first in a brand new Forum, I feel like I've left my mark!

I've always found the beginner's boxes great value. I sometimes teach new gamers the rules, and I can always use tokens, dice and maps.

For example, I really, REALLY didn't want the EoE group to have a YT1300 as their ship, but they fell in love with the Krayt Fang after seeing the ship plans, and the rest is history...

Edited by Maelora