New 2015 edition - any changes?

By drasher25, in Drakon

Glad to see Drakon coming back into print in 2015!

Will we see any changes, or is this a reprint of 3rd edition?

It looks like this is a new edition. The box is a different size, the tiles look slightly different, and most importantly, the heroes have new miniatures instead of recycled from Descent: The Well of Darkness .

Really happy since it's one of my top game ever

and this new edition will not smell like an old cheese, so will be fully playable

Can't stand to have it.

I wonder if miniatures are from descent, and will be usable in ?

I hope they'll be introducing at least one or 2 new mechanics in this new Drakon edition.

Otherwise I might pass this one along while it would be an instant buy otherwise...

except for the drakon mini, heroes are new and it looks like there's at least one new tile and rule looks like to have change a bit (drakon make lose 3 coins, so maybe all coins are 1 now ?) and now "heroes special abilities" is not a side rule.

Edited by rugal

It says explicitly that the coins vary from one to three value. It doesn't look like the basic game has changed at all, aside from the art and minis.

I do hope that they made some changes to this game.

My son and I used to really like this game a few years ago and a few month back brought it back to the table. I do not know if it is because of the vast newer games that we play now or not but this game just falls flat with us now.

My son who is 12 now would rather play just about any other game then this one now as he was bored playing it.

Here is to hoping that FFG takes this game and changes it enough to make it a good game again.

and this new edition will not smell like an old cheese, so will be fully playable

QFT. I have an old 2E edition of this game. Skipped 3E because of all the "stinky game" threads I saw popping up. It's an unfortunate chemical side-effect that crops up once in a blue moon for plastic-heavy games, but from what I read, it also never, never goes away...

Assuming 4E is cleared of that taint, I greatly look forward to picking up a copy. =)

I wonder if miniatures are from descent, and will be usable in ?

The minis don't look like any I recognize from Descent. I also don't see any mention of Terrinoth in the article, which I would kind of expect if they were really trying to tie it in to that universe. Not that Drakon was ever officially connected, and they did recycle Terrinoth figs before...

However, I fully expect the scale will be the same. It seems like most of their minis are made in the same general size. Maybe there's a manufacuring reason for that? Makes it easier for the sculptors to work if they always use the same general scale? Anyway, homebrew hero-makers will probably be more than capable of adding them to Terrinoth if they so desire.

Ironically, the archer fig appears to bear an uncanny resemblance to the ranger guy on D2E's box cover art - a character who does not actually appear in Descent at all!

Ironically, the archer fig appears to bear an uncanny resemblance to the ranger guy on D2E's box cover art - a character who does not actually appear in Descent at all!

And not only him: look at the guy with the mace and the shield.