Drawing cards in quest zone and building placement in battlefield

By ngoldrup, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Have 2 questions I couldn't find the answer to.

1) If I have any units who have power icons in my quest zone, do those power icons count toward cards I can draw in the quest zone?

Under Unit cards in the rules it mentions they can be used in Kingdom to collect resources or quest zone to go on quests or defend in any zone. Attack in battlefield etc; however didn't see that they could be used in quest zone(as long as they have power icon(s) on them) to draw more cards. In this case only buildings with power icons and the initial default 1 power icon would go toward card draw.

2) Can building support cards or buildings in general be played in the battlefield?

many thanks in advance!

Edited by ngoldrup

1) Yes, but with one major detail you missed. You draw a card for each power in your quest zone. Not, "you may draw..." So, it's not that you can draw them, you must draw that many cards. It makes over building your quest zone somewhat dangerous, as you can end up decking yourself.

2) Unless they specify Kingdom Only or Quest Only, then yes, they can be played in the battlefield. But, support cards in the battlefield don't contribute to combat at all, so their only real use is if they have text that is somehow useful to you. Or if you're running a card that lets you treat support cards as units (there's a few of these.)

Awesome. And I was going to include the part about drawing a card for each power that was also mentioned in the rules but I was confused since the rules stated what they did under unit cards and figured there just needed to be a clearer, more straight forward answer. Thanks Starke!