Rules Question Courtesy (Please Read Me!)

By D.Knight Sevus, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

I would like to preface this with an acknowledgement that pretty much everyone who asks and answers questions in this forum has been incredibly polite, and this is not meant to detract from that.

There've been a couple rules questions lately that have had misleading answers based on a recollection of what the card does rather than confirmation of that card's rules text. To prevent this from occuring in the future, I'd like to ask two things.

1) If you are posting a rules question, please include the rules text of all of the cards named in your question. Having the rules text available will make the answers you are given more accurate.

2) If you are answering a rules question, please re-read the rules text of all of the relevant cards before answering. If the OP has provided it for you, great; otherwise, please check a resource like CardGameDB and politely refer the OP to this thread.

Thank you!

I couldn't agree more with that. I can only wish it wasn't necessary to say it.

Thanks for posting this...perhaps we can get a mod to sticky it.

I do understand why it needs to be posted though. It's pretty easy for a new player to post here thinking it's for an official response and not realize that what they're actually getting is answers from experienced players who generally don't have all card texts memorized and are occasionally doing bad things like posting from their phone at work and thus don't double check wording... Also, I will try to be better at taking the time to double check wordings before responding :-)

I would like to preface this with an acknowledgement that pretty much everyone who asks and answers questions in this forum has been incredibly polite, and this is not meant to detract from that.

There've been a couple rules questions lately that have had misleading answers based on a recollection of what the card does rather than confirmation of that card's rules text. To prevent this from occuring in the future, I'd like to ask two things.

1) If you are posting a rules question, please include the rules text of all of the cards named in your question. Having the rules text available will make the answers you are given more accurate.

2) If you are answering a rules question, please re-read the rules text of all of the relevant cards before answering. If the OP has provided it for you, great; otherwise, please check a resource like CardGameDB and politely refer the OP to this thread.

Thank you!

I feel like this post is pointed at me... and rightly so! I'll refrain from posting answers without looking the cards over first.

I feel like this post is pointed at me... and rightly so! I'll refrain from posting answers without looking the cards over first.

I didn't actually have anyone in mind when I posted this - even I've made the mistake of not checking the cards before answering a question ( *cough* Zekka Thyne *cough* ). So having this posted is as much to keep me honest as everyone else. ;)

I didn't actually have anyone in mind when I posted this - even I've made the mistake of not checking the cards before answering a question ( *cough* Zekka Thyne *cough* ). So having this posted is as much to keep me honest as everyone else. ;)

I'll bet even FFG's staff re-reads the cards before answering their emails (they should, at any rate). I know I include relevant card text and rules snippet when I send them one.

My bad, guys! Sorry and thanks again!

Hello, everyone. Just wanted to keep this thread easily accessable.