defender + mini swarm advice

By eibon, in X-Wing Squad Lists

I've got a store championship coming up and need to decide on my list, Im taking rexler and four ties but the combination is proving hard to decide. I will give you my options but any and all suggestions are appreciated:

1.rexler+HLC+lone wolf

howlrunner

3x academy pilots

2.rexler+predator

howlrunner

winged gundark

2x academy pilots (3 points left for either stealth or hull upgrade on rex or howl)

3.rexler+predetor+stealth device

howlrunner+stealth device

3x academies

personally im in favour of 1 or 3 but what do you guys think

cheers.

I think 1 is a great list. I've used it a little myself, but I'm not a super fan of Howlrunner personally because I don't like flying my TIEs in formation. If you like using her, great. I like a variation on list 1 with Howl traded out for Backstabber. You could use the 2 remaining points for an initiative bid or to upgrade a couple APs to Obsidians. It's minor, but nice to have against the swarms of Bandit squadron pilots roaming the spaceways.

I'm not a super fan of howlrunner myself but with the point avaliable she seems the best option to get the most out of the ties

Thanks for your reply :-)

Quantity over quality?

Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Predator 3

Academy Pilot — TIE Fighter 12

Done. :P

I ran Rex + Howl mini swarm about a month or so ago. Some observations;

1) I'd give one of them VI so you have at least 1 shot at an uncloaked Phantom.

2) With the HLC Rex has a massive target on his head. He's also not using Howl's re roll very often.

3) I rate hull over stealth device personally. My default Howl has VI and Hull.

If you're not sold on Howlrunner, don't use her. You could focus on Rex with the HLC and just use TIEs as blockers.

Some suggestions

Rex + HLC, VI, Engine upgrade

Black squad with Draw their Fire

3x Academy

Black squad keeps Rex alive and he dishes out the pain. Academy's block.

Rex + Predator

5x Academy TIEs

Swap VI and use 2 points for initiative. Mess up the board with bodies.

Rex + Predator

Howlrunner + VI, Hull

2x Black Squad with Draw their Fire, Hull

A Rex/Howl mini swarm. Fly them in formation. The plan is to get to endgame with Rex more or less undamaged.