Thrawn trilogy

By Wayne Argabright, in X-Wing Off-Topic

So i picked up the Thrawn Trilogy recently and have started the 3rd book. i have read all the rogue squadron books was just wondering when in the Rogue squadron line up does the Thrawn trilogy take place? seems like it happened relatively early?? another problem is that i picked up the "Comic" version which seems to leave a bunch of detail off.. I actually picked it up on clearance thinking neat all 3 books in one volume only to discover when i got home that it was the comic version..lol will have to purchase the NORMAL books now..lol

There's a timeline that puts all the books in order. Without looking, I believe many if not all the x-wing books take place before the thrawn trilogy.

I think rogue squadron books are not long after endor, and thrawn is quite a few years after that.

The four Rogue Squadron novels takes place approximately two years after the battle of Endor, the Wraith books take place about one year later, and the Thrawn Trilogy happens about two years after that (five years after the battle of Endor).

One thing I know is that there is a better chance of me dropping money on new copies of the Thrawn trilogy, than of me watching JJWars in a theatre on my dime or for free.

Signed, grumpy old man that hates JJAbrams.

I believe the 8th or 9th book starts at the battle where Thrawn dies.

X-Wing book 8, Isard's Revenge, does start with the Battle of Bilbringi.

The 9th book, Starfighters of Adumar, is a standalone that takes place about 5 or 6 years after the Thrawn Trilogy. The 10th book, Mercy Kill, takes place about 37 years after the Thrawn Trilogy.