Tip on how to beat second level of the campaign

By Lumberjack Nick, in BattleLore: Command

I love this game, but geez it's hard. I can't even beat the second level. I'm referring to the one where you have to light the three signals.

Any hints or tips anyone had would be great.

I can get two of them lit but always run out of turns before I can get to the third.

I'd like to second this. I have tried to beat this level probably 5-6 times now without success (getting to 2 lit fires max). If anyone has strategy advice for this level, I'd be very grateful.

I just replayed this one a few days ago. Let me see if I can recall what helped me...

1) use darken the skies on the first turn. If you rush forwards with your melee guys then the enemy gets the first attack. Using darken the skies let's you hit him twice. He has to approach you without attacking. Then you can move I n with melee and get attacks off.

2) Try to get on at least two of the signal fires at the same time. If you take one then he will focus his attacks on that. Taking two causes the Uthuk to divide this attentions and get confused allowing you to usually get one if not both. (Use onslaught to rush the melee guys in from a distance to assist with this)

3) abilities that make your guys resist retreating are amazeballs. I can't recall their names but one makes all your troops immovable. If you can get on a fire or three with your melee guys and then use that it is almost a guaranteed grab.

Hmm, this one didn't seem that hard to me. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I do recall my general strategy was to let my archers soften up the enemy before moving up to try to light the signals.