S&V Ywing build

By Plainsman, in X-Wing Squad Lists

I was just playing around with a YWing build and came up with the following...What do you think?

Unnamed Squadron

Syndicate Thug — Y-Wing 18

Blaster Turret 4

Ion Torpedoes 5

Proton Torpedoes 4

R4 Agromech 2

BTL-A4 Y-Wing 0

Shoot with the primary, BTL-A4 allows a secondary turret to fire, spend the focus to fire and R4 kicks in to give a target lock to be used in that turn or in another. (Too bad it cant be used to fire one of the torps that turn!)

I never thought I'd say this as a huge supporter of torps and ordinance in general. But you have to much of it. There I said it.

Though Kavil and a few of these gun boats should be fun to play.

Kavil is useless with the BTL-A4 title though. They don't combine. Maybe the PS4 will have an EPT slot, but I'm guessing it won't.

I never thought I'd say this as a huge supporter of torps and ordinance in general. But you have to much of it. There I said it.

Though Kavil and a few of these gun boats should be fun to play.

Getting rid of the two trps would bring it down to 24pts as well! Definitely improves the looks of it!

You've got an entire extra Y-Wing worth of ordnance there. A BTL-A4 thug with a Blaster Turret is 24pts and one with an Ion Turret is 25pts.

If you want a full squad of generic Y-Wings try this:

2 x Syndicate Thugs w/BTL-A4, Blaster Turret, R4 Agromech

2 x Syndicate Thugs w/Ion Turret , Unhinged Astromech, Bomb Loadout, Seismic Charge

I'm not sure if the bombs make more sense on the Ion Ys or the BTL-A4 Ys. This list gives you Ion Turrets on two fast moving Y-Wings. They zip around to get a target immobilized and then the more sluggish BTL-A4s can swoop in for the kill.

I like it, making the Y-wing the core heavy fighter/bomber of S&V.

What about:

Syndicate Thug - 18

BTL-A4 - 0

Bomb loadout - 0

R4 Agromech - 2

Blaster Turret - 4

Seismic Charge - 2

Total - 26

With the title you lose the 360 arc. The bomb is a nice surprise for those flying behind you.

One I consider is the cheap Y-wing:

Syndicate Thug - 18

BTL-A4 title - 0

Bomb loadout - 0

Unhinged astromech - 1 / Salvaged astromech - 2

Autoblaster turret - 2

Seismic charge - 2

For 23/24 points you have a cheap fighter. If you ditch the seismic it is in terms of points/cost on par withe Rookie X-wing or Blue Squadron B-wing