Defender, Bomber, Lambda

By Stubby, in X-Wing Squad Lists

I am new here and would like some critique on the following list.

Idea is they are all PS 6 and I want to use there abilities synergetically. Problem is their dials are not even close. I was thinking of bumping the lambda for a turn or two with the bomber and defender behind it and firing the HLCs for at least a couple of turns letting Vessery take off on his own.

Colonel Vessery in Tie Defender w/ Heavy Laser Cannon

Colonel Jendon in Lambda w/ Heavy Laser Cannon & Weapons Engineer

Captain Jonus

Without engine upgrade on the shuttle the shuttle will get one or two shots in then spend the rest of the battle trying to turn around

I've played a few "Jonus Brothers" lists. They can be fun, but aren't ultimately something I would consider highly competitive. In this particular list, the target locks and Jonus' re-rolls are redundant since you can't re-roll the same die twice. I don't think the dials will end up being as much of a problem, but you're probably better off dropping Jonus for something else given the re-roll issue. Here's an idea:

Colonel Vessery (35)

+ Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

+ Adrenaline Rush (1)

Colonel Jendon (26)

+ Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

+ ST-321 (3)

+ Weapons Engineer (3)

+ Fire-Control System (2)

Backstabber (16)

You still have the "turning around" problem with the Shuttle without an Engine, but without trying to tie your ships to a formation around Jonus, each one can move more independently, so Jendon is free to alternate 1-speed moves and his 0. Between ST-321, Engineer, and Fire-Control, he can easily hold target locks for Vessery all game long. And if you start Backstabber near him at the beginning of the game, or Backstabber is nearby during the game, Jendon can hand the TIE target locks as well even though he can't normally get them. There was 1 point left so I threw Adrenaline Rush on Vessery so you can pull a surprising turn maneuver with no penalty. Oh, and they're all still PS6!

Great feedback! TY

I like that list. Question. Would a Black Squadron Tie with Wingman work instead of Backstabber? He is the same points and would clear the Lambda Stress if he does a 0 manuever. If the Black Squadron is slightly off center and behind the Lamda and I do a 1 speed 90 degree I should bump him and not move. Would this work?

Edited by Stubby

That certainly works, and would enable you to park the Shuttle indefinitely (or until the BSP got blown up). You could drop Adrenaline from Vessery in that build to put Tactical Jammer on the Shuttle, so the BSP gets +1 Agility against anyone shooting at it through the Shuttle. However, IMO, you'll get more mileage out of Backstabber.