Fel, Echo and Giant Floating Space Bovine Inc.

By Sethis, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Fel: PTL (3), Stealth (3), Autothrusters (2), Royal Guard TIE (0)

Echo: VI (1), FCS (2), ACD (4)

Cow: Captive (3), Ion Cannon (3)

Yes, I know Thrusters isn't out yet, so consider me to be running a Tactician somewhere until then.

Basic plan is for enemies to shoot the shuttle, get Ion and stress, then get picked off by either Fel or Echo.I anticipate the Shuttle dying in almost every game, but c'est la vie.

- Can you think of a better combination of upgrades for these ships than is listed above?

- What has your mileage been on a FCS for Echo?

- Can you come up with another way to run the Shuttle apart from as a control tool?

- What would this list do well/badly against and does it have any glaring weaknesses apart from having two glass cannons and a giant floating bullseye?

- Would you replace the shuttle with another ship, if so, what?

Thanks for any feedback/thoughts you might have.

So I don't think opponents are going to shoot at the shuttle cause you want them too.

Rebel captive will ensure that fel or echo get targeted first. Who are also the biggest threats.

Consider running captive on echo & vader on the shuttle is what I would change.

Makes ps9 peeps think twice on targeting echo due to stress from captive.

I think I would take captive off the shuttle and put it on Echo.

I'd turn the shuttle into a buzzsaw (FCS + gunner) by taking the FCS from Echo and Auto thrusters from Fel.

The shuttle is a legitimate threat and should take the heat early game. The game plan is to force the opponent to focus on your shuttle so that you have Fel and Echo as your end game mop up.

I'd drop Ion Cannon and upgrade to Yorr so Soontir can PTL and Echo cloack against rebel captive/tactician builds

Good options on fitting in Gunner and FCS on the shuttle, but not sold by the captive on Echo - surely someone is happy to suck up a stress token if they have a clear shot at one of the most elusive and hard hitting ships in the game?

Sure they'll shoot at Echo, but RC gives them a penalty for doing so. It also can help control their squad a bit in the next turn. If you know they'll likely do a green maneuver the next turn, it gives your arc-dodgers better ability to arc-dodge.