Developing a list: Wave V Counters

By Felswrath69, in X-Wing Squad Lists

What you people's thoughts on this build to counter the Wave 5 turret meta and Fat Han? PS10 Rexler would shoot any phantom first, and Rexler's ability with HLC could spell bad news for Decimators. Soontir with Stealth is always a hard ship to take down too. I was debating on DC or Backstabber, but I think the extra die would help with a 3 ship build.

99 pts

Rexler

- HLC

- VI

- Stealth

Soontir

- PTL

- Stealth

- Targeting Computer

- Royal Guard Title

Backstabber

I think that the big problem with Rexlar is that if you take VI you aren't taking something like Predator to modify your dice. Without something modifying your attack rolls you are likely going to need to spend your focus to to get a hit through which means you won't have it to use his ability. Against all of the arc dodging turrets he will frequently be using his ability to barrel-roll to get his target back into his arc.

I really like Defenders but find them to be a bit too expensive with difficult pilot abilities to get the most out of. I think they'd be a little more user friendly if Vessery and Rexlar swapped abilities. Vessery's ability works better the higher his PS is in relation to the rest of your list and Rexlar's works better if his PS is lower.

Play tested the RAC, Soontir, Darj Curse list against my wife last night. She was flying Han, Predator, 3P0, Luke crew, EU, Title and 3 Bandits. She had really lucky defensive rolls on those bandits but after and hour neither of us had lost a ship. Soontir engaged Han with RAC and DC and lost his stealth and took a damage. He then disengaged and went after the bandits with RAC and DC keeping after Han. That worked rather ok. Not well, just ok. Against a more experienced player, I doubt I would have won that matchup.

In summary, Fat Han and his banditos is still very much a threat, even in the new meta. Now what to run for store champs in a week...

Play tested the RAC, Soontir, Darj Curse list against my wife last night.

I need to get your wife to talk to my wife. There's no way I could get her to play little plastic spaceships with me.

It's a bit of a stretch as X wing isn't her favorite. Too many little pieces to bump, making it stressful in her opinion. She likes the SWLCG and other such games, GoT the Board game, Dead of Winter, etc. I knew I was in love when returning home from our first date in 2008, she beat 'Paint it Black' on expert on my guitar hero... I got lucky :) .

It's a bit of a stretch as X wing isn't her favorite. Too many little pieces to bump, making it stressful in her opinion. She likes the SWLCG and other such games, GoT the Board game, Dead of Winter, etc. I knew I was in love when returning home from our first date in 2008, she beat 'Paint it Black' on expert on my guitar hero... I got lucky :) .

About the best I can hope for is something like Takenoko or Hey! That's My Fish with her and the kids. King of Tokyo is pushing it. I've been trying to sucker my kids into playing X-Wing with me but they just aren't into it.