What best deck strategy?????

By jazz1981, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

i am pretty new to the game, but experience player in Magic the gathering, in Magic was recomanded use 2 color incase opponnts stop you with a card vs your color cant do anything then u had other color to rally on.

But in this game is it better focus build a deck with just 1 Affiliation, or better mix and match 2 factions?, in your experience best deck u guys see was it build around 1 faction or mix?

thanks for all feedback.

While mono-decks did do well hybrid decks were definitely in the majority during worlds. This is all subject to change, however in a week, when Snoova and Reinheitsgebot-Obi-Wan come out.

Mono Sith was a huge deck for a long time too. Mono Jedi is a power deck since MTFBWY came out. Mono and dual affiliation decks are both viable options.

I believe it is a matter of taste. As others have stated, the trend was to some slight blend (i.e. using Imperial Command from the Core for its resources and cheap 2-drop units), but might change depending on the power level of some of the cards that favor/trigger from mono decks.