Are the previous Waves gone for good?

By Slehvin, in X-Wing Off-Topic

So I started collecting X-wing though didn't pick up ships like the YT-1300 and Tie Advanced. Started to play this game with some friends and decided to get these ships, yet I cannot find them anywhere other than to pay Ebay inflated prices. Are they gone for good?

I am sure there must be something posted about this topic, though I have completely failed to find a statement in all my searches over the last few days.

I didn't realize this game was "collectable".

I will still play, but it means I may have to stop another hobby to afford picking up what I need to enjoy play.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp

This shows that a lot of the older wave ships are scheduled as "on the boat".

The product is traveling from the printer to our warehouse. The duration of this process varies depending on where the printer is located, be it in the US, China, or Germany, but generally takes four to six weeks.

Edited by LS650

Not very intuitive posts but that makes me feel much better.. I didn't want to pay 80+ bucks for a Millennium Falcon. For that kind of cash I could get one of those really big ships.

Don't worry about that, Slehvin. The game is really widespread and they won't the line die and no players coming because of the lack of ships. After all, it's implicit in the world "wave": it has a max and min value; in the same way, ships are constantly reprinted, but the demand is huge, so that if you missed the "wave" you need to wait a little more for the next reprint to arrive. But they'll arrive.

Come to Northeast Ohio. There are many game stores here and they all have full slates of X-Wing products. Not even kidding. The only time any shortage has ever hit this area was when A-Wings and TIE Interceptors were hard to find for the first couple months after Wave 2 released at the end of February 2013.

Come to Northeast Ohio. There are many game stores here and they all have full slates of X-Wing products. Not even kidding. The only time any shortage has ever hit this area was when A-Wings and TIE Interceptors were hard to find for the first couple months after Wave 2 released at the end of February 2013.

That suggests that in NE Ohio they missed their estimate in what the local market would be like. I wonder if they just had inflated expectations about NE compared to elsewhere, or if NE Ohio is a dead-zone for interest in X-Wing. Or... other reason? Economy suckage, maybe?

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

Previous waves do get reprinted and restocked, usually at the same time new waves hit.

Don't pay more than RRP for anything; just be patient - and keep an eye on the forum, people usually post when they see something out of stock become available.

Ok.. patience...

Good then that I haven't been tempted to much and paid way to much for something like an X-wing or Falcon expansion.

I am not anywhere near NE Ohio.. live in NE Oklahoma.

Hey! This isn't off topic!

FFG has promised that they will continue producing figures for the game and not let it become 'collectable'.

I am into my second year of playing now; the game goes through stages of availability; as the game gains momentum with the fans and word spreads, the gain in popularity within the seasons creates a shortage of products. In some areas, the game went into clearance status due to lack of advertisement on the part of the retailer. I would wager that there are copies somewhere, lost in a back room, just collecting dust. We should see some inventory counts flush copies of ships to the surface, copies that we did not know were there.

Like you said, patience.

True, but I am about to drop some bacon, just to keep it on topic with off-topic.

Edited by LordCole

My wife likes Taylor Ham. And by like I mean LOVES.

FFG has promised that they will continue producing figures for the game and not let it become 'collectable'.

I am into my second year of playing now; the game goes through stages of availability; as the game gains momentum with the fans and word spreads, the gain in popularity within the seasons creates a shortage of products. In some areas, the game went into clearance status due to lack of advertisement on the part of the retailer. I would wager that there are copies somewhere, lost in a back room, just collecting dust. We should see some inventory counts flush copies of ships to the surface, copies that we did not know were there.

Like you said, patience.

True, but I am about to drop some bacon, just to keep it on topic with off-topic.

Drop that back bacon hard bro!

Not to return to a topic- but pretty much everything was in-stock in barnes and noble a few days ago

la-sucette-gout-bacon-une-revolution-gus