New Rogue Trader Designer Diary: The Rogue Trader's Crew Grows

By FFG Ross Watson, in Rogue Trader

Hey , they're great, but a bit overpowered over our Dark Heresy boys, they also got special abilities but no talents.

Keep in mind that these characters are meant to be used with the quick-start ruleset in Forsaken Bounty. gran_risa.gif

Idaho said:

Hey , they're great, but a bit overpowered over our Dark Heresy boys, they also got special abilities but no talents.

I dont think they are overpowered compared to Dark Heresy "boys", they seem to reflect Rank 3 or 4 Dark Heresy characters. Im glad to see they are not all walking around with plasma guns and power armour.

I always thought Dark Heresy needed to have characters who started with a bit more skills and ability then they currently do and am hoping I can take the character Generation rules from Rogue Trader to spruce up Dark Heresy.

Seems the rules/skills are pretty much the same overall by looking at those two characters. Plus I see the WS/BS now seem to have a bonus (first digit) musch like S and T, which I was thinking of adding anyway.

Looks great, also reckoned they weren't rank 1, unless they start with 30+2d10, in which case still nothings wrong.

It says on the sheet that they are rank one, just under Player Name on the High Quality ones although I dont know about the others. I like the character art irs cool.

I just compared forsaken bounty (FB) characters with shatered hope ones.

The shatered hope pregenerated characters are out of the mould, in fact they lack the initial experience points (except the two extra characters from the web enhancement).

So we can presume, though it could be a far fetched presumtion, that the FB characters could be an exemple of what we can expect for the new penned characters in rogue trader.

I, in fact, agree with pacekeeper that it would be an improvement to make initial characters a little bit more competent.

cheers.

Looks good, I'm definitely interested in seeing the rest of the preview to find out what other characters we have...

I am running this on Saturday for Free RPG. I expect I'll be running it twice, and based upon responses so far, both session with have 6 players. Ross, is there any chance (pretty please!) that we could get one more additional PC before Saturday, so there's a full 6 PCs? I'd rather not have to hand-mock up a 6th character, especially since the other 5 are sooooo nicely made. It doesn't have to be a new class or anything, a repeated class with a few different skills/talents and bio would work too.

Thanks, the adventure looks like it will be fun to run, and a great preview into RT!

After RT comes out, is there any chance we could get full profiles to download for these characters, rather than the quick start ones?