Seduction

By SIlkentoes, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

I'm trying to build a character around the idea of seduction, but can't seem to make it stick. She has the seducer advantage, but I'm not sure what else is needed to flesh out the character.

What skills/advantages/weapons/background would a seduction character need?

Persuasion, Dance, Music. Weapons I would probably use would be like a whip,fan,fangs,claws also Impossible weapon Aquarius(Scarf or any cloth like weapon), or pretty much any type of weapon.

Also Advantages with Beryls. Either Lady of Feelings or Perfect God could help.

Though honestly its all according to how you interpret your character and how your DM operates his games if he/she really plays on that type of thing.

Thanks, but another related question.

Is the Charm or Disquieting advantage any use here? and what do they actually do?

Charm could be useful but its one of those that is solely in the interpretation of the DM. Disquieting is another thats also DM's interpretation but it really wouldn't work with seduction in my opinion. Charm can cause more likely positive reactions from strangers while Disquieting is used more for intimidation. For instance you character walks into a tavern and chooses to make himself appear disquieting to the other people, which would cause most people to probably stay away from him or her. In general both advantages should work against average npc and even some enemies. But more tough enemies or important npc not likely to be as effective.

Hope this helps.

For a seducer character I believe the best Elan is Edamiel, which is very specific. I'd also suggest building the character with Poisonous Blood...just lethal.

Man no idea why i didn't say Edamiel, but yeah I would agree on that and the poisonous blood would certainly be interesting on a character such as that.

In all honesty I agree cdcace that a great many skills could be helpful but it all depends on situation. For instance you could give a female character a decent dance skill with belly-dancing as her specialty, some people would find this very alluring due to fact that it shows off not only her "assets" but her flexibility, fitness, and stamina as well. However if you were to try seducing a devout follower of Abel you might actually offend him with your "sinful dance" due to the large amount of skin belly dancers often display. Overall the biggest trick to seduction (besides being attractive) is being able to size up your mark and determine what would turn them on. Also every member of my group's "GM Council of Elders" agrees that persuasion no matter what form it takes is a modifier not an absolute so players should try to get as many bonuses as possible. Seducing a young woman in a candle lit room that smells of sweet perfume on a bed fitted with silken sheets that are covered in fresh rose petals, by playing a harp and singing hand picked love ballads shirtless so that she can see your various rugged battle scars as swans paddle by on the lake outside your window might require a moderate seduction roll. Seducing a woman as the two of you hide in a mound of manure amid the sweltering heat to hide from a pack of wolves you angered while trying to show off your abs to her as you both nurse painful wounds and deal with the fact that neither of you has had anything to eat or drink in two days............ you had better hope for Zen.