FIRST PLAYER CONFUSION

By LETE, in Age of Conan

Hello again!

I've been reading over the rules for "first player" & the "First Player Token" & find 'em a lil confusing... By all signs & descriptions, wouldn't it be better to rename the First Player (& the token) to Current player?

Thanks

L

Who?

The way the token's use is described, First Player is probably the best name for it.

Unlike Battlestar Galactica, for example, where the Current Player token is passed at the end of each players turn, in Age of Conan, the rules state that the first player token is only passed when gameplay is interrupted to serve as a reminder of who the first player will be once gameplay resumes.

Here is the rule on page 10:

If gameplay is ever interrupted due to the end of an adventure or an age change phase, the player would take the next turn takes the first player token. Once gameplay resumes, the player with the first player token takes the first turn and gameplay continues as normal.

As long as it serves the purpose to remind you who's turn it is I guess you could call it either.No biggie. Have you gotten beyond reading the rules and played a game or two? I've gone AT-43 crazy lately and need to steer my friends back to this great game. Hope you enjoy it also.

Necronis said:

As long as it serves the purpose to remind you who's turn it is I guess you could call it either.No biggie. Have you gotten beyond reading the rules and played a game or two? I've gone AT-43 crazy lately and need to steer my friends back to this great game. Hope you enjoy it also.

We've played one & 1/2 games & Conan got crowned by Aquilonia & won the game! Stygia (me) came 2nd. Hyperborea, a distant 3rd.

L

Who?

Cool- I try to play Turan or Hyperboria myself. And have only got to crown Conan once with Turan (for the win). Hope I can round up a game sunday if we are missing a few players from our RP group.