Using Force Powers - Let's see if I have this right...

By Corradus, in Game Mechanics

Lemme set the scenario using an example:

Bob the Lovely Jedi (always stylish) Has Battle Meditation with The Range Upgrade one time. That's it, he's been focussing on other things. He'll buy more battle meditation later. But he does have a Force Rating of 2.

Bob has a pal, Keedee, a terribly sweet Twi'Lek Colonist who'd really rather till the soil and make a garden than fight. but push comes to shove she's pretty decent shakes with a slugthrowing rifle.

Bob and Keedee get into it with some passing Tusken Raiders who've been into the Blue Ribbon Jawa Juice and they're lookin' for a scrap (Their Bantha tried to pull them away but nobody listens to Banthas).

'Orrible war ensues.

Bob wants to use his Battle Meditation to help Keedee so he bangs up his Force Dice and rolls three little white circles. Yay he.

Now, here come the questions.

1) I am assuming since the basic power doesn't say it allows him to spend more than 1 Force Point at a time on his friend(s), that he can indeed only spend one. There's no need for his Range Upgrade this time because there's only one of Keedee, so, by my count, that would leave 2 "spare" or "unused" Force Points. Am I right about this?

2) What happens to unused Force Points at the end of the Turn of s/he who generates them? Do they just disappear?

3) Does a Force User make a Force Check every single time s/he wishes to activate a Force Power or only once per Turn? The latter seems more reasonable but I just want to make sure.

4) How often can Force Powers be activated during Narrative Play? Can Force Points generated but not used during one instance of Narrative time be "held over" for use later? If not, what's the cutoff time (approximately) for when they should flicker out?

Thanks guys :)

1) As per the Beta Updates, unless the power specifically says otherwise, it can be activated multiple times. So if Bob got three Light Side points, that means he could spend them all on the basic power and provide Keedee three successes (again, per the Beta Updates) on her checks until the end of his next turn.

2) Any Force Points that don't get used are lost. So spend 'em if you got 'em.

3) Since using a Force power is an Action (unless directly stated otherwise), they'd make one Force power check for the power they want to use.

4) That's entirely up to the GM. I think a number of GMs go with the "one try and that's it" much the same way that they would generally only allow a PC to attempt most skill checks once. But if you wanted to allow a Force user to make as many tries to achieve a certain effect with their Force powers, that's certainly permissable. Of course, if you're just going to allow the PC to keep trying until he does succeed, it might be better to just consider they've generated the minimum number of Force Points needed to achieve the desired effect and keep the game moving... provided said power doesn't involve an opposed check, like the "affect thoughts" Control Upgrade for Influence power or an attack roll like Unleash would. Ultimately, it's up to you as the GM, and I doubt FFG is going to include any hard-and-fast rules on this.

Thanks for the help Donovan. Much appreciated.