YBtC #2 - Luke Skywalker

By awayputurwpn, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hello everyone, and welcome back to You Build the Character, FFG Edition!

This is the second installment of the monthly competition in which FFG community members can compete to build their versions of famous characters from the Star Wars universe. The winner is decided by popular vote, and will receive all the honor and glory that comes with peer approval :) Plus, there will be a thread dedicated to the winners of the competitions, wherein their builds will be eternally enshrined.

This month's challenge is to build a Player-Character version of the “Son of Skywalker,” farmboy from Tatooine, hero of the Rebellion, a Jedi like his father before him, the legendary Luke Skywalker.

The following rules apply to your submissions:

1. You may use as much XP as you like to build Luke, but attempts to be both thematic and reasonable are highly encouraged. Since Luke is a human, his starting XP is 110 (plus any amount of additional XP that Duty, Obligation, or Morality might allow) and you can grant him ANY AMOUNT of additional XP as "earned XP” to be spent on talents, skills, specializations, and Force powers.

2. All builds MUST adhere to the Rules As Written (RAW) for Player Character creation (Steps 1 - 9) and advancement (e.g. no skipping talents in trees, no homebrewed rules, no purchasing characteristic ranks with earned XP). You may ignore Step 10 of character creation, or include it in your builds, at your discretion. If you choose to use Step 10, simply select one of the RAW options available from any of the three games (EotE, AoR, or FaD Beta).

3. All FFG-published material for the Star Wars RPG is fair game: Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and the Force and Destiny Beta (using the latest errata available), including any supplements or other officially published material from these lines, may be used to build your character.

4. Your build may represent Luke at any point in his life , complete with any gear & equipment. The Legends universe is open (pre-April-2014 books, comics, video games), as is anything from the Star Wars canon (the 6 films, Rebels, The Clone Wars , and any newer books).

5. Since Luke is Force-sensitive, such that Vader himself observed that the Force was “strong with this one,” your entry must account for this in some fashion, no matter the age or point of life at which you wish to portray Luke. This means that he must have, at minimum, one of the Force Sensitive specializations from EotE & AoR OR a career from Force and Destiny.

6. All entries must include full stat blocks, which should be presented in a fashion similar to the stat blocks found in official material, and should contain a minimum of the following:

Character Picture (optional)

Character Name/Title

Background text

Duty, Morality, and/or Obligation score

Species

Characteristics (Brawn, Agility, etc)

Soak, Wound Threshold, Strain Threshold, Defense

Skill Ranks

Talents

Abilities

Equipment

11:59pm PST on December 23rd

Voting will commence as soon as entries close! The voting period is exactly one week, and the winner will be determined by popular vote at 12am December 31st PST (8am GMT).

Hey all! Just a friendly reminder that it's only 2 weeks before builds close and voting commences!

May the Force be with you as you consider your builds for Luke Skywalker.

This one may get complicated depending on which Luke people create.

This one may get complicated depending on which Luke people create.

STEP 1: CHARACTER CONCEPT AND BACKGROUND

Luke Skywalker is a young farm boy of the planet Tatooine a desert world of the Outer Rim Territories. He’s an orphan living at the Lars Homestead, a moisture farm run by Owen and Beru Lars, his uncle and aunt.

He’s 19 years old and spends his time helping his uncle and aunt with agricultural works and dreaming of an adventurous life in space. He wants to join the Academy to become a starpilot, he’s also very interested in the Rebellion against the Empire.

One day, he’ll leave this little dusty and insignificant planet….

STEP 2: STARTING OBLIGATION

Family : Luke Skywalker was raised by his aunt and uncle, he cares about them even if he blames them for holding him in the life of a moisture farmer. He is also obsessed by the identity of his deceased father (+15 xp).

STEP 3: CHARACTER SPECIES

He is obviously a Human. As a resident of Tatooine he gets 1 rank in Resilience and another one in Vigilance.

STEP 4: CHARACTER CAREER

As a farmboy of the remote world of Tatooine, Luke Skywalker is an Explorer. Since he spends most of his free time piloting his old Skyhopper in the canyons of Tatooine, he gets 1 rank in Piloting (Space) as he wants to be ready for the Academy. Tatooine is an hostile world: arid with a tough fauna and inhabitants, he gets 1 rank in Cool, Perception and Survival.

STEP 5: SPECIALIZATIONS

Since his life of farmer on Tatooine prevents him to go to the Academy, he chooses the Driver specialization, allowing him to pilot and fix landspeeders and airspeeders. He gets Piloting (Planetary) and Mechanics, 1 rank each.

STEP 6: INVEST EXPERIENCE POINTS

As a Human with 15 extra experience points, Luke Skywalker starts the game with 125 xp. He gonna needs a high score in Agility to pilot ships and speeders, besides Agility is always useful to shoot all kind of ranged weapons from his slugthrower rifle to the ion cannon of his Skyhopper to shoot womp rats. So Luke spends 70 xp to get is Agility score 4. He’s also a smart boy with a score of 3 (30 xp) in Intellect, a useful characteristic to fix things, computes machines on knows stuffs. He’s not exceptionally charismatic or wise, little bit clue less in social events and not that strong, so Brawn, Cunning, Willpower and Presence stay at 2.

With the 25 remaining xp, he buys all the fancy piloting talents he can gets: Full throttle (5 xp), then Grit (10 xp) that is on the path to become a Skilled jockey (10 xp).

STEP 7: DETERMINE DERIVED ATTRIBUTES

Wound Threshold at 12 and Strain Threshold at 13 (thanks to Grit).

STEP 8: STARTING MOTIVATIONS

He don’t like the Empire and wants to overthrow it, but his obligation hold him on Tatooine.

STEP 9: GEAR AND DESCRIPTION

Young man from Tatooine, Luke Skywalker has blond hairs and blue eyes, he is not that tall but not that short with 1.72 meters in height. He wears an outfit that protect him from sun, sand and various shocks.

With 500 bucks, he buys a macrobinoculars, an utility belt, some heavy clothing, a slugthrower rifle, and two stimpacks (always useful in the desert of Tatooine).

LUKE SKYWALKER, A YOUNG FARMBOY OF TATOOINE

· Species : Human

· Class : Explorer

· Specialties : Fringer Driver

· Obligation : Family (aunt Beru and uncle Owen Lard, his father Anakin Skywalker) +15 xp

· Duty : Not yet.

· Morality : Not yet.

· Motivation : Overthrow the Empire.

Br 2 • Agi 4 • Int 3 • Cun 2 • Wil 2 • Pre 2

Soak : 3 • Defenses : None.

Thresholds : Wounds : 12 • Strain : 13

Skills : Cool 1, Mechanics 1, Perception 1, Piloting (Planetary) 1, Piloting (Space) 1, Resilience 1, Survival 1, Vigilance 1.

Talents : Grit

§ Full throttle : Take a Full Throttle action; make a ddd Piloting check to increase a vehicle’s top speed by 1 for a number of rounds equal to Cunning.

§ Skilled jockey : Remove b per rank of Skilled Jockey from all Piloting (Planetary) and Piloting (Space) checks.

Force Rating : None.

Force Powers : None.

Abilities : None.

Equipment : heavy clothing (+1 soak), macrobinoculars, utility belt.

§ Slugthrower rifle (Ranged [Heavy]; Damage 7; Critical 5; Range [Medium]; Cumbersome 2).

LUKE SKYWALKER, TRAINED BY BEN KENOBY AND RESCUING THE PRINCESS LEIA

Old Ben trained him in the basics of the Force through the Force-Sensitive Emergent specialization and the Sense Force power. Luke learns to perceive its surrounding and avoid dangers through the Force.

· Experience Points : 110 (for escaping Tatooine, and his past adventures while he was a teenager. Plus the GM is generous)

· Specialties : Fringer Driver, Force-Sensitive Emergent (20 xp)

· Obligation : Family (his father Anakin Skywalker)

· Motivation : Friendship, Overthrow the Empire, Comrades.

Soak : 4 • Defenses : None.

Thresholds : Wounds : 14 • Strain : 13

Skills : Cool 1, Mechanics 1, Perception 1, Piloting (Planetary) 1, Piloting (Space) 1, Resilience 1, Survival 1, Vigilance 1.

Talents : Grit, Toughened (50 xp)

§ Full throttle : Take a Full Throttle action; make a Hard ddd Piloting check to increase a vehicle’s top speed by 1 for a number of rounds equal to Cunning.

§ Skilled jockey : Remove b per rank of Skilled Jockey from all Piloting (Planetary) and Piloting (Space) checks.

§ Uncanny senses : Add b per rank of Uncanny Senses to all Perception checks.

§ Uncanny reaction : Add b per rank of Uncanny Reactions to all Vigilance checks,

§ Sense danger : Once per session, remove bb from any 1 check.

Force Rating : 1.

Force Powers : (40 xp)

§ Sense basic power : The Force User can sense the Force interacting with the world around him.

The user may spend Z to sense all living things within short range (including sentient and non-sentient beings).

The user may spend Z to sense the current emotional state of one living target with whom he is engaged.

§ Control: Ongoing effect: Commit C . Once per round, when an attack targets the Force user, he upgrades the difficulty of the pool once.

§ Duration : Sense’s ongoing effects may be triggered one additional time per round.

§ Strength : When using Sense’s ongoing effects, upgrade the pool twice, instead of once.

Equipment : stormtrooper armor (+2 soak), utility belt.

§ Blaster rifle (Ranged [Heavy]; Damage 9; Critical 3; Range [Long]; Stun setting).

§ Lightsaber ( Melee Lightsaber; Damage 10; Critical 1; Range [Engaged]; Breach 1, Sunder, Vicious 2).

LUKE SKYWALKER, ATTACKING THE DEATH STAR

After saving the Princess Leia from Vador and Tarkin, Luke brings her to the hidden rebel base of Yavin 4. He joins the Alliance as a starfighter pilot to attack the Death Star.

· Experience Points : 195 (plus 85 for saving the Princess)

Soak : 2 • Defenses : None.

Skills : Cool 1, Gunnery 1, Mechanics 1, Perception 1, Piloting (Planetary) 1, Piloting (Space) 2, Resilience 1, Survival 1, Vigilance 1. (15 xp)

Talents : Grit, Toughened (15 xp)

§ Full throttle : Take a Full Throttle action; make a ddd Piloting check to increase a vehicle’s top speed by 1 for a number of rounds equal to Cunning.

§ Uncanny reaction : Add b per rank of Uncanny Reactions to all Vigilance checks,

§ Tricky target : Count vehicle or starship piloted as having a silhouette 1 lower when being attacked.

Force Rating : 1.

Force Powers :

§ Sense basic power : The Force User can sense the Force interacting with the world around him.

The user may spend Z to sense all living things within short range (including sentient and non-sentient beings).

The user may spend Z to sense the current emotional state of one living target with whom he is engaged.

§ Control: Ongoing effect: Commit C . Once per round, when an attack targets the Force user, he upgrades the difficulty of the pool once.

§ Duration : Sense’s ongoing effects may be triggered one additional time per round.

§ Strength : When using Sense’s ongoing effects, upgrade the pool twice, instead of once.

Equipment : flight suit, utility belt.

§ Lightsaber ( Melee Lightsaber; Damage 10; Critical 1; Range [Engaged]; Breach 1, Sunder, Vicious 2).

LUKE SKYWALKER, "USE THE FORCE LUKE!"

Oops! During the attack, Alec reminds Mark that he has forgot 55 xp and advise him to buy more Force talents or power. With another Control in the Sense Force power (10 xp), Luke can commit his Force rating to any combat check (firing proton-torpedoes) and with 45 xp he can buy Tough of fate and Force rating +1. With the use of a Destiny Point and the Stay on target maneuver, Luke can make a Gunnery attack with three proficiency dices, one ability dice, two boost dices from touch of fate, two Force dices, and maybe a boost dice of confidence given by the presence of Force-ghost Ben.

With the use of a Destiny Point and the Stay on target maneuver, Luke can makes a Gunnery attack with four proficiency dices, one ability dice, two boost dices from Touch of fate, and maybe a boost dice of confidence given by the presence of Force-ghost Ben.

· Experience Points : 195

Skills : Cool 1, Gunnery 1, Mechanics 1, Perception 1, Piloting (Planetary) 1, Piloting (Space) 2, Resilience 1, Survival 1, Vigilance 1.

Talents : Grit, Force rating, Toughened (45 xp)

§ Tricky target : Count vehicle or starship piloted as having a silhouette 1 lower when being attacked.

§ Tough of fate : Once per session, add bb to any one check.

Force Rating : 2.

Force Powers : (10 xp)

§ Control : Ongoing effect: Commit C . Once per round, when making a combat check, he upgrades the ability of that check once.

Equipment : flight suit, utility belt.

Edited by Ali Mesratep

Luke Skywalker

Where did you find that EotE Symbol font?? That's amazing!

Also, nice "journey" through Episode IV!

A couple fixes needed:

1. The lightsaber should use the "Lightsaber" skill, per Eote 167.
  2. Luke's starting specialization is listed as "Fringer" in his stat blocks, but you rightly give him the starting specialization "Driver" (the talent progression also follows the Driver tree) in your beginning bit.

Very cool build, though. I can dig it.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Symbol font? Where? I’m not seeing it at all, no matter which browser I use or how much I pry my security settings wide open.

What browser are you using? What security/privacy plugins do you have enabled?

Symbol font? Where? I’m not seeing it at all, no matter which browser I use or how much I pry my security settings wide open.What browser are you using? What security/privacy plugins do you have enabled?

Ah, it probably shows up in my computer because I have the EotE Symbol font installed. It doesn't show up on my iPad :) It seems that you can make BBCode point to a user's fonts.

A couple fixes needed:

1. The lightsaber should use the "Lightsaber" skill, per Eote 167.
  2. Luke's starting specialization is listed as "Fringer" in his stat blocks, but you rightly give him the starting specialization "Driver" (the talent progression also follows the Driver tree) in your beginning bit.
1. I REALLY did that? I really did that. Shame on me !
2. I clearly succumbed to the dark side of the copy and paste, Fringer was just my first idea, and I thought of the Driver specialization, which was more appropriate for a space hayseed, Then I forgot to modify the career.

yoda_luke.jpg

Luke Skywalker (Just after walking away from his training on Dagobah)

Luke thus far is an inexperienced force user on his way to becoming a Jedi who decided to drop out of his training to help his friends eventhough his mentor strongely objects to him doing so. As Luke started off as a somewhat experienced pilot (he started off ready and rearing to go to the academy) with an aptitude for bullseying womb-rats in his T-16, I started him off in the Ace Pilot specialization with a larger focus on Gunnery than on actual piloting, from the Age of Rebellion CRB with a cross Spec into Force Sensitive Emergent.

During his big moment in the fight against the Death Star he showed himself a more experienced fighter then ever and I decided that at this time in the movies he would have anywhere upward of 200exp gained (on top of his starting xp at chargen) ever since getting on board the Falcon with Han, Obiwan, Chewie and the droids.

I made him a strong character that is not particularly bright nor has an abundance of restrain but gets by because of his great skill. He doesn't have a particularly great presence either and is mostly a whiney farmboy that doesn't like the spotlight.

For his bonus skills as a human I gave him lightsaber (I know this might be cheating but it is the only way to build Luke properly) and Knowledge Education to account for him being raised out of adolescence in a loving family that definitely would have invested in his education.

Duty: Combat Victory

Motivation: Overthrow the Empire

Species - Human

Br 3 • Agi 4 • Int 2 • Cun 2 • Wil 2 • Pre 2

Wound Threshold : 15 • Strain Threshold : 12

Skills : Astrogation 1, Discipline 2, Mehanics 1, Perception 1, Piloting (Planetary) 1, Piloting (Space) 2, Gunnery 3,Lightsaber 2, Melee 1, Ranged Light 1

Talents: Full Throttle, Skilled Jockey 2, Dead to rights, Let's ride, Insight, Uncanny Senses, Toughened, Uncanny Reactions, Sense Danger

Abilities: Foresee basic power, Move basic power (Upgrades: Magnitude 2, Strength 1)

Equipment : Xwing, Flight Suit, Back Pack, Blaster Pistol, Light Saber

Edited by DanteRotterdam

Ok, I have been trying to get this up w/ pictures for 2 days to the result of FAIL!

So I will do the old fashion way...

My Luke Skywalker build is in 3 stages...Starter PC, After the Battle of Yavin, and After Yoda Training BEFORE his battle w/ Vader

PHASE 1

Starting PC LS takes on Duty Space Superiority. His motivation is to go to the Academy & leave Tattooine.

Brawn 2

Agility 3

Cunning 2

Int 2

Willpower 3

Presence 3

Career: Pilot Ace / Force Sensitive Emergent

Skills

Gunnery 1

Pilot (Planet) 1

Pilot (Space) 2

Perception 1

Survival 1

Leadership 1

Phase 2

This represents LS after the BoY & the 3 yrs after when he finds Rogue Squadron & focuses only on his Piloting skills. His only Force training came from Obi-Wan so there really isn't much he has. I gave him 200xp for the Destruction of the Death Star/Saving Princess Leia/Escaping Tattooine/Training w/ Obi-Wan

Talents

Insight

Force Power Foresee (Basic)

Full Throttle

Skilled Jockey x2

Let's Ride

Rapid Recovery

Natural Pilot

Grit (Force Tree)

Improved Full Throttle

Skills

Astrogation 1

Gunnery +1

Pilot (Planet) +1

Pilot (Space) +1

Range (Lt) 1

Lightsaber +2

Phase 3

This represents LS after his Yoda training & after his Defeat at the hands of Vader. It also represents the 1 year after Empire Strikes Back. LS goes full "Jedi" mode but does get 2 Dedication from Pilot & Jedi to increase stats. He also gains another specialization from Yoda IMHO as a Soresu Defender.

Skills

Lightsaber +2

Perception +1

Talents

Guardian Soresu Denfender

Parry x2

Soresu Technique

Reflect

Defensive Stance

Toughened

Grit x2

Force Sen. Emerg. Tree

Uncanny Senses

Toughened

Uncanny Reaction

Sense Danger

Touch of Fate

Force Rating +1

Dedication (INT)

FORCE POWERS

Move + Magnit. x2 + Str

Enhance + Control x3 + Control (Basic)

Pilot Tree

Grit

Master Pilot

Dedication (Presence)

Final Stats

Brawn 2

Agility 3

Int 3

Cunning 2

Willpower 3

Presence 4

And I will let you guys compute the wound threshold and all that stuff...This is all of the Important stuff.

This is what I feel chronicles Luke's progression through the Movies. ENJOY!

Edited by Lancer999

@Dante, for talents, did you mean "Uncanny Senses" instead of "Uncanny Nerves"?

Otherwise, looking good at +210 XP.

For his bonus skills as a human I gave him lightsaber (I know this might be cheating but it is the only way to build Luke properly) ...

Not cheating! Totally legit per the Lightsaber weapon entry in EotE/AoR (at the minimum) or taking FaD into account.

Cheating would be, like, giving him a "Pilot (Rancor)" skill.

@Dante, for talents, did you mean "Uncanny Senses" instead of "Uncanny Nerves"?

I sure did and have edited it!

It's a bit exagerated way to revive this post, but anyway ...

COMMANDER LUKE SKYWALKER AT THE BATTLE OF HOTH

After the battle of Yavin 4, Luke became the hero of the Alliance for the Restoration of the Republic and eventually led the small group of freedom fighters to the planet Hoth. Since it took at least 3 years (according to canon), we can assume that he had numerous adventures (some were told in legend) thereby he won another 380 xp. As a founder of the Rogue Squadron, he took the Squadron leader specialization (third spec’, off-career: 40 xp) to improve his qualities of military commander and starfighter pilot. He bought few talents from that tree to lead his fellow pilots during battles (from Defensive driving to Form on me: 60 xp). From his original spec’ (Driver), Luke made a “run” from Gearhead to Dedication (+1 to Cunning) allowing him to be tougher and wiser on the field and a good mechanic (as his father before him: 75 xp). Thanks to his training with Obi-Wan, he improved his Force talents, buying Balance and another Dedication (+1 to Presence) from the Force-Sensitive Emergent talent tree (45 xp), and developed few Force related tricks with the basic Move power (10 xp), and the Influence basic power plus one Control upgrade as he saw Obi-Wan fooling some stormtroopers to enter Mos Esley (20 xp). Finally, he improved some skills to become a better pilot, and learned to handle his lightsaber (130 xp).

· Experience Points : 575 (plus 380 for his adventure between the New Hope and the Empire)

· Specialties : Driver, Force-Sensitive Emergent, Squadron leader (40 xp)

· Duty : Combat superiority.

Br 2 • Agi 4 • Int 3 • Cun 3 • Wil 2 • Pre 3

Thresholds : Wounds : 16 • Strain : 14

Skills : Cool 2, Gunnery 3, Lightsaber 2, Mechanics 2, Perception 2, Piloting (Planetary) 3, Piloting (Space) 3, Resilience 1, Survival 2, Vigilance 1. (130 xp)

Talents : Dedication (+1 to Cunning and Presence), Grit 2, Force rating, Toughened 2 (180 xp)

§ Balance : When the character heals strain at the end of the encounter, he may add C per Force Rating. He recovers additional strain equal to Z generated.

§ Defensive driving : Increase defense of vehicle or starship being piloted by 1 per rank of Defensive Driving.

§ Form on me : Allies equal to ranks in Leadership in close range gain the benefits of the Gain the Advantage action.

§ Full stop : When piloting a ship or vehicle, take a Full Stop maneuver to reduce speed to zero. Suffer system strain equal to the speed reduced.

§ Gearhead 2 : Remove b per rank of Gearhead from Mechanics checks. Halve the credit cost to add mods to attachments.

§ Quick strike : Add b per rank of Quick Strike to combat checks against targets that have not acted yet this encounter.

§ Situational awareness : Allies within short range of the vehicle add b to their Perception and Vigilance checks. Allies within close range add bb instead.

§ Touch of fate : Once per session, add bb to any one check.

Force Powers : (30 xp)

· Influence basic power : The character may attempt to guide, shape, and even twist the thoughts and feelings of others.

Special Rule ( Z / z use) : When guiding and shaping thoughts, only z may be used to generate negative emotions such as rage, fear, and hatred. Only Z may be used to generate positive emotions such as peace, tranquility, and friendliness. Other emotions such as confusion can be generated with either Z or z .

The character may spend Z to stress the mind of one living target he is engaged with, inflicting 1 strain.

o Control : The Force user may make an opposed Discipline vs Discipline check combined with an Influence Power check. If the user spends Z and succeeds on the check, he can force the target to adopt an emotional state or believe something untrue, lasting for 1 round or 5 minutes.

o Control: Ongoing effect: Commit C . Once per round, when an attack targets the Force user, he upgrades the difficulty of the pool once.

o Duration : Sense’s ongoing effects may be triggered one additional time per round.

o Strength : When using Sense’s ongoing effects, upgrade the pool twice, instead of once.

o Control : Ongoing effect: Commit C . Once per round, when making a combat check, he upgrades the ability of that check once.

§ Move basic power : The Force user can move small objects via the power of the Force.

The user may spend Z to move one object of silhouette 0 that is within short range up to his maximum range. The default maximum range is short range.

Equipment : flight suit, utility belt, X-wing, T-47 Airpseeder.

§ Lightsaber (Lightsaber; Damage 10; Critical 1; Range [Engaged]; Breach 1, Sunder, Vicious 2).

§ Blaster pistol (Ranged [Light]; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Medium]; Stun setting).

LUKE SKYWALKER, YODA'S STUDENT

After the Battle of Hoth where Luke helped the rebel forces to flee the Empire (thanks to Ozzel’s stupid move!) and on the advice of Obi-Wan, Luke goes to the planet Dagobah to find Yoda, a great Jedi Master. For those actions and finding the last Jedi master, Mark’s PC was awarded with a lot of xp (Irvin, the new GM, was very generous). After shortly mistaken Yoda for a bum, Luke started his Jedi training. “Use other Characteristic instead of your Brawn to handle your lightsaber you can” says the little greenish creature, then Luke bought the new specialization of Shien Expert (third spec’, off-career: 50 xp) and bought Street smarts (on Dagobah, Luke learned how to make the difference between a local hobo and a retired Jedi master) plus Shien technique (15 xp). He also bough other lightsaber fencing techniques from the Shien expert tree (Conditioned, a pair of Parry, Counter strike, a pair of Reflect and Toughened: 70 xp). Luke also bought another Dedication from his Squadron leader talents tree and improved his Cunning (25 xp).

Luke bought two Strength upgrades to his Move basic power which was not enough to lift a X-Wing out of a swamp (20 xp). He also took the Enhance basic power with two Control upgrades to make horizontal and vertical Force leaps (30 xp).

Yoda taught him how to make one with the Force and to perceive events in other places and time periods. Luke just took the Basic Foresee power (10 xp) allowing him to see his friends threatened by Vader on Bespin. Then he decided to abandon his Jedi training and ran into the trap set by Vader to capture him.

As a Jedi in training, Luke finally got a Morality score of 50: a mix of Bravery/Anger and Enthusiasm/Recklessness. The first, causes him to fail the Cave and the last one brought him to rush into Vader’s trap:

Lightsaber duel with Vader – jaw breaking news – hand loss – wise escape with remaining comrades

· Experience Points : 795 (plus 220 xp)

· Specialties : Driver, Force-Sensitive Emergent, Squadron leader, Shien expert (50 xp)

· Duty : Combat superiority.

· Morality (50) : Bravery/Anger and Enthusiasm/Recklessness.

Br 2 • Agi 4 • Int 3 • Cun 4 • Wil 2 • Pre 3

Thresholds : Wounds : 18 • Strain : 14

Skills : Cool 2, Gunnery 3, Lightsaber 2, Mechanics 2, Perception 2, Piloting (Planetary) 3, Piloting (Space) 3, Resilience 1, Survival 2, Vigilance 1.

Talents : Dedication (+2 to Cunning and +1 to Presence), Grit 2, Force rating, Toughened 3 (110 xp)

§ Balance : When the character heals strain at the end of the encounter, he may add C per Force Rating. He recovers additional strain equal to Z generated.

§ Street smarts : Remove b per rank of Street Smarts from Streetwise or Knowledge (Underworld) checks.

§ Shien technique : When making a check using the Lightsaber skill, the character may use Cunning instead of Brawn.

§ Conditioned : Remove b per rank of Conditioned from Athletics and Coordination checks. Reduce the damage and strain suffered from falling by 1 per rank of Conditioned.

§ Parry 2 : When hit by a melee attack, suffer 3 strain to reduce damage by 2 plus ranks in Parry.

§ Counter strike : When an attack misses the character and generates tt or y , may upgrade next Lightsaber (Cunning) check against attacker during encounter once.

§ Reflect 2 : When hit by a ranged attack, suffer 3 strain to reduce damage by 2 plus ranks in Reflect.

§ Defensive driving : Increase defense of vehicle or starship being piloted by 1 per rank of Defensive Driving.

§ Form on me : Allies equal to ranks in Leadership in close range gain the benefits of the Gain the Advantage action.

§ Full stop : When piloting a ship or vehicle, take a Full Stop maneuver to reduce speed to zero. Suffer system strain equal to the speed reduced.

§ Gearhead 2 : Remove b per rank of Gearhead from Mechanics checks. Halve the credit cost to add mods to attachments.

§ Quick strike : Add b per rank of Quick Strike to combat checks against targets that have not acted yet this encounter.

§ Situational awareness : Allies within short range of the vehicle add b to their Perception and Vigilance checks. Allies within close range add bb instead.

§ Tough of fate : Once per session, add bb to any one check.

Force Powers : (60 xp)

· Enhance basic power : When making an Athletics check, the Force user may roll an Enhance power check as part of the pool.

The user may spend Z to gain s or a (user’s choice) on the check.

o Control : Take a Force leap action; make an Enhance power check. The user may spend Z to jump horizontally to any location in short range.

o Control : When performing a Force Leap, the user can jump vertically in addition to horizontally.

§ Foresee basic power: The Force user can feel the Force flowing around everything, seeing what is and what will be.

The user may spend Z to gain vague hints of events to come up to a day into his future.

· Influence basic power : The character may attempt to guide, shape, and even twist the thoughts and feelings of others.

Special Rule ( Z / z use) : When guiding and shaping thoughts, only z may be used to generate negative emotions such as rage, fear, and hatred. Only Z may be used to generate positive emotions such as peace, tranquility, and friendliness. Other emotions such as confusion can be generated with either Z or z .

The character may spend Z to stress the mind of one living target he is engaged with, inflicting 1 strain.

o Control : The Force user may make an opposed Discipline vs Discipline check combined with an Influence Power check. If the user spends Z and succeeds on the check, he can force the target to adopt an emotional state or believe something untrue, lasting for 1 round or 5 minutes.

o Control: Ongoing effect: Commit C . Once per round, when an attack targets the Force user, he upgrades the difficulty of the pool once.

o Duration : Sense’s ongoing effects may be triggered one additional time per round.

o Strength : When using Sense’s ongoing effects, upgrade the pool twice, instead of once.

o Control : Ongoing effect: Commit C . Once per round, when making a combat check, he upgrades the ability of that check once.

§ Move basic power : The Force user can move small objects via the power of the Force.

The user may spend Z to move one object of silhouette 0 that is within short range up to his maximum range. The default maximum range is short range.

o Strength 2 : Spend Z to increase silhouette able to be targeted equal to Strength upgrades purchased.

Equipment : flight suit, utility belt, X-wing, T-47 Airpseeder.

§ Lightsaber (Lightsaber; Damage 10; Critical 1; Range [Engaged]; Breach 1, Sunder, Vicious 2).

§ Blaster pistol (Ranged [Light]; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Medium]; Stun setting).

Just two more days to enter your builds! Voting will commence at 11:59pm PST on the 23rd!

Entries are closed! The voting may commence!

And the contestants are…

As previously stated, the winner will be determined by popular vote! The winner will be announced at 8am GMT on December 31st (12am PST).

Edited by awayputurwpn

Voting closes in 4 hours...vote while you can!

Hopefully others will vote so I'm not deciding the contest, but my vote goes to Dante. I think Luke is definitely a poster character for Age of Rebellion (not Edge ), and I think Dante's build comes closest to capturing that spirit.

Well, I hope I'm not too late...

I will vote for me, to have at least one vote. ;)

My point, with this " Edge Luke", was to imagine how a young gifted man from Tatooine was able to destroy the Death Star while using the Force and not just using his regular skills in gunnery and a Destiny Point.

Well, if we vote for ourselves again... Then so will I.

Plus, I love me. :)

ME ME ME & I will Vote for all of us as well...so 3 way tie?!

DanteRotterdam wins it by a vote!

Thanks for playing guys. Looking forward to next time! Sneak preview, it will be an X-Wing pilot...

"A vote"... ****... I enjoyed building it though!

And eventhough there is no enormous popularity yet I do look forward to scoring a hattrick!

Yeah, I'm hoping that with some consistency, we'll see popularity rise. I had a lot of fun with these competitions when Jedi Comedian was running them on the WotC forums, so I hope that eventually that will be true for a lot more people in this system.