Aegis of Euphedros a waste of time and xp?

By DarthKaleashth, in Black Crusade

So basically then stuff we already said, Psychic Powers can be used while Incorporeal. :)

Yup yup :) I was perdy happy about it xD

I was surprised to see that people thought Incorporeal disallows the use of psychic powers.

A NPC in the adventure published for the core BC book uses psychic powers in combination with Flicker. Pretty evident then that you can, too. And then the Aegis, worded as using psychic powers while incorporeal is a matter of fact.

The only contradictory piece in BC is the Tzeentch entry of Dimensional Instability, something that have been redundant since publishing and have needed errata as it doesn't do anything. That gift is purely for protection for a few rounds.

Hmmm, I didn't see that. Thanks for pointing it out. I guess that would have saved a lot of arguing.

Just to play devils advocate for a moment though, there is a mention somewhere (errata I think) that states that some NPCs may have skills, talents, stats, equipment or abilities that are beyond their normally possible levels and that these are intentional design elements for their context. Therefore any and all NPC profiles cannot be used as proof for or against for about 90% of all arguments.

This isn't necessarily one as the wording of talents and abilities proves that the NPC profile is valid in that context but is worth keeping in mind.

We're not talking about a npc statblock now, though. It's a black box of 'how to use this NPC'.

He reserves Precognitive Dodge for his enemies’ most dangerous attacks and, if reduced to few wounds, uses Flicker to go incorporeal ( at which point he relies solely on Gholam Curse ).

Edited by BrotharTearer

Oh agreed, its more just in case anything in future comes up and someone says "well an NPC can do/have it".