New Luke

By David Spangler, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

The Luke in the base game is shooting a blaster. I'm hoping (and expecting, knowing FFG) that a future Hero Pack will have Jedi Luke with his trademark lightsaber.

And for that matter, I'm trusting we'll see Obi-Wan and Yoda figures, as well as the Princess, in future expansions.

Same here! I can not wait for a Return of the Jedi Luke. I'm really jonesing for a nicely sculpted Rancor though.

hes only 10 points, I would like to see a 20 point luke with some serious butt kicking power

I bet he'd be in the ballpark around 14-16 only because Vader is 18.

I'm gonna love using "Blaster Luke."

Especially when episode 7 comes out where he'll most likely be a force wielding God.

It's gonna be nice to remember that he was once just a simple farm kid that had to use blasters to fight like the rest of us ^_^

Or maybe he'll still use both, doubtful but maybe.

The current version does have a Saber Strike, which has some good damage. He obviously can't compete with Vader 1-on-1, but that's for the later version of Luke. :)

The current version does have a Saber Strike, which has some good damage. He obviously can't compete with Vader 1-on-1, but that's for the later version of Luke. :)

He does have pierce 3 though which is great

True, that will help to get through Vader's insane defense...if Luke can live long enough to do it more than once. :)

Luke does get an extra block as a constant effect to help him last longer. With Vader's RRY attack, the most damage he can do is 9 (3+3+1, +2 on a surge) with Pierce 3. If he does that and has an action left to Force Choke, he can kill Luke in a single turn. But that is absolute optimal conditions.

Same here! I can not wait for a Return of the Jedi Luke.

If Return of the Jedi Luke has the special ability to turn Darth Vader into a Rebel playable Hero I will have The Imperial Fleet bombard Fantasy Flight HQ.

can you use +1 block on Choke? I know you cant with blast Cleave etc

Luke is a support Leader who has good damage but more useful because he can let allies reroll.

Edited by Jonnyb815

can you use +1 block on Choke? I know you cant with blast Cleave etc

Luke is a support Leader who has good damage but more useful because he can let allies reroll.

"An ability that does not involve an attack but causes a figure
to suffer damage (such as Darth Vader’s “Force Choke”) is not
considered to be an attack." (Page 6)
+
"If a figure suffers damage outside of an attack, the damage is not
prevented by block, and the figure does not roll defense dice." (Page 10)